doh

Seems strange to me. They should get it ready to go when the issue clears up. It's not as if no other studio would pick up if it didn't happen.

Just make the next one a bit more like a Bond flick please.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow that is big.   Who gets to eat it?

eet's mine juu mether fackers....!!!

OH NOOO!!!! We all need to get our Muslamic ray guns!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU

Bizarre!

Quote:
Women who wear revealing clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes, an Iranian cleric says.

Hojjat ol-eslam Kazem Sediqi, the acting Friday prayer leader in Tehran, said women should stick to strict codes of modesty to protect themselves.

"Many women who do not dress modestly lead young men astray and spread adultery in society which increases earthquakes," he explained.

Tens of thousands of people have died in Iran earthquakes in the last decade.

Mr Sediqi was delivering a televised sermon at the Tehran University campus mosque last Friday on the need for a "general repentance" by Iranians when he warned of a "prevalence of degeneracy".

"What can we do to avoid being buried under the rubble? There is no other solution but to take refuge in religion and to adapt our lives to Islam's moral codes," he said.

'Disappoint God'

Correspondents say many young Iranians sometimes push the boundaries of how they can dress, showing hair under their headscarves or wearing tight-fitting clothes.

Mr Sediqi also described the violence following last year's disputed presidential election - the result of which prompted thousands of people to hold mass protests - as a "political earthquake".

"Now if a natural earthquake hits Tehran, no one will be able to confront such a calamity but God's power, only God's power. So lets not disappoint God."

I'm reading a book called "Reading Lolita in Tehran", its a non-fiction book about this University English Lit. lecturer who holds a woman's English Lit. class in her house after quitting her Uni post. Interesting perspective of Women in Iran and their feelings of subjugation and repression by the religious (predominately male) regime. She mentioned that her students often told of their anger that their mothers enjoyed freedoms that they will never know. That to me is mental. Obviously because I (and everyone on here) comes from a democratic, developed society, but how in this day and age do people tolerate being controlled by religious cretins?? They who say they are the educated but don't know their arse from their tit.....it kinda maddens me but mostly its saddens me that under the outward religious conservatism there are many millions of people who are just like me and you, who crave the freedoms that we take for granted and who, under other circumstances would be living in a country as modern as any we have came from or are living in now.

The cleric quoted above riles me, how he hypocrtically says that women without veils or do not dress modestly lead young men astray and yet lets these "poor" young men off the hook for the same actions which he deems "sinful".

I'm dumbfounded why people would tolerate this (pardon my French) Sh**te

horse Phew!! rant over!! ashamed

alot of things don't make sense. Many wars have been fought to impose one set of behaviour over another in the name of a religion. And it won't stop, until religions are banned or something.

"The teenage call girl accused of sleeping with at least three French football stars when she was underage today broke her silence over the scandal announcing: ‘I loved them all’."

This story was in my local newspaper (back home) last night, very sad indeed. This is a student that I used to work with in my previous job as a Youth Worker. I am saddened at her decline, and eventual death from Heroin. She was a bit off the track but didn't seem the type to get mixed up in this, this makes it 3 former students of mine who have died of an OD since I've came back to Japan

Quote:
‘The real fight against drugs starts today’

A Dundee mum, left heartbroken after her “superstar†daughter died from a heroin overdose, today revealed plans to fight the drugs scourge by opening a new youth centre in the city (writes Graham Huband).

Sixteen-year-old Gail Blake collapsed after taking the drug last November — the tragic final chapter in a downward spiral that began when her favourite youth music group closed in 2006.

The St John’s High School pupil joined the Dundee Music Workshop at the age of ten and spent virtually all her spare time over the next four years practising her dancing, singing and acting with other group members.

Unfortunately, problems with funding and issues with the premises in North Isla Street meant the workshop — which had been a haven for up to 1000 Dundee children — was forced to close its doors.

Gail’s mum Tammy Johnston told the Tele today she was determined to see a similar group created to help stop other young people from drifting into a drugs lifestyle.

The 34-year-old said the loss of her only child had left her whole family devastated and their only solace would be to see something positive happening in her name.

Tammy — who described her daughter as “exceptionally talented†— has now set up the Gail Blake Trust and has given herself six months to establish the new music centre.

“Everything changed when the workshop closed. To Gail it was a shattering blow.

“She and hundreds of other children just couldn’t believed such a great place as their music workshop was to close — to them it was an injustice.

“We tried other youth projects, but none of them could remotely meet Gail’s needs. Sadly the opportunities that the music workshop had given her were simply no longer available to her anywhere. Her dreams of making it to the top were shattered.

“At the age of 14 she had lost her way in life.

“She became confused, then boredom started to set in and she began to drift down the wrong road in life — the drugs road.

“Sadly and tragically at the age of 16, Gail was dead. Drugs had taken her young life — the nasty drugs suppliers had won.â€

The first steps towards establishing the new centre will be taken when the Trust holds an open night at the Mill O’Mains Pavilion from 6.30pm on Thursday to explain its vision and hopefully recruit volunteers with the skills to drive the project forward.

Tammy — who works for BT in Dundee — said the initial aim was to establish the music workshop, but said there were bigger plans to create a wider youth facility for the city.

She said, “The trust will seek to become a centre which will be at the forefront in helping our young people who take drugs by getting them off drugs.

“It will also work towards opening Dundee’s first detox centre which will enable those youngsters to get immediate help in getting off drugs. It will also include aftercare facilities.

“The trust will also seek to open a youth centre which will be free and will be run in a similar way to the music workshop Gail attended.

“It will be a centre that will give our children an alternative to going down the nasty drug route. The real fight against drugs starts today.â€

The concept is being backed by George Clark, the founder of the original Dundee Music Workshop.

“I am here to help Tammy out as an adviser and hopefully as we get further down the road I’ll be more involved in it,†George said today.

“It is a difficult call — I know that from experience.

“There are very few premises out there that can suit what we are looking for, but there has got to be something.â€

A stance I totally agree with.

Quote:

French to ban Muslim women from wearing veil

The French government is drawing up a law to ban Muslim women from wearing a full-face veil in public, despite advice that it could be illegal.

burqa_1574251c.jpg

The new law will stop the niqab and the burka from being worn in the streets, shops and markets and not just in public buildings.

Nicolas Sarkozy is to press ahead with the bill claiming that the veil is an "assault on women's dignity".

"We're legislating for the future. Wearing a full veil is a sign of a community closing in on itself and of a rejection of our values," Luc Chatel, a spokesman for Mr Sarkozy, on leaving a cabinet meeting led by the President.

Last month, the State Council – France's top administrative authority – warned Mr Sarkozy against a full ban on the veil, suggesting instead an order that women uncover their faces for identity checks or for state business.

It suggested a full ban could be declared unconstitutional and overturned in court.

However, there remains broad support in parliament for such a ban and the government is determined to press on with a law, which it says would affect only around 2,000 Muslim French women who currently cover their faces.

Most Muslim women, in France's immigrant communities and around the world, do not wear a full veil, but the niqab, which covers the face apart from the eyes, is widely worn on the Arabian peninsula and in the Gulf states.

The burka, a shapeless full-body cloak that covers the face with a fabric grille, is worn in some areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Muslim scholars differ in their interpretation of the Koran's rules on what constitutes modest dress, and many argue that veils are a cultural tradition rather than a religious obligation.

In France, the garments are widely identified with fundamentalist strains of Islam and with the isolation and repression of women in some communities, and politicians accuse radical clerics of promoting their use.

"We're not going to let this phenomenon drift," Mr Chatel said.

France's neighbour Belgium is also preparing legislation, and could become the first European country to ban the full veil when a bill goes before parliament on Thursday.

In France the idea of banning the veil has won support from across the political spectrum.

"I've always been convinced that we can forbid covering your face in public in general," said Communist lawmaker Andre Gerin, welcoming a decision he said would help "engage a dialogue with all Muslims".

North African militants with ties to al-Qaeda have threatened attacks on French interests if the law is passed, and US President Barack Obama has made it clear he does not support Europe's planned bans.

Where, where?

Or do you mean "Hear hear!" (a contraction of the parliamentary call "Hear him, Hear him!" sorta like "word, bro")

I once saw muslim girls in Malaysia swimming in the sea with their full robes on.....not the veil but everything else. A very strange sight, 1 that prompted me to wonder.....is there such a thing as a "swimming robe"?? lol

Obama wants to grow a spine, good on France for standing up to this crap.

Yeah Jynnx I'm fine, just always a shock when it's someone you know. as I mentioned a couple other girls have died, 1 guy who had severe learning difficulties due to maternal drug use while in the womb was put away for murder at the age of 16 and the weird thing is he was a nice kid!! I was totally shocked that he was capable of anything like that. He didn't have a chance in life due to his parents lifestyle choices, they were heavy drug addicts, this left hime to his own devices and as I mentioned he was not the sharpest tool in the Superstore, never mind the shed!! I've worked with kids that are at best described as Feral children. Left to fend for themselves at an age where the only worry they should be having is whether to play football or hide n seek.

"A pair odf OTM Belgian Blue heifers from T Jackson achieved 123p and 119p followed by the only cow forward from Miss MA Bonham selling her Aberdeen Anus for 74p.

Thame Farmers Auction Mart.