The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

well they have beaten Arsenal, Chelsea, West Brom Fulham this season.

Actually they have played the 2nd most games in England, only Man U have played more this season.

And they have used the fewest players in the Championship

Oh and next season will be the 50th anniversary of winning the old 1st division

probably still pretty crap though

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can attest to that, they most certainly did beat Arsenal this season. Flukes! wink

Just to make the PL a bit more fun till the end, it would be good if Wigan got the 3 points tonight.

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has said it is a "great privilege" to be named the 2009 Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year.

The 28-year-old England midfielder pipped Manchester United duo Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney in the poll voted for by journalists.

Gerrard has scored 23 goals this season as Liverpool have been battling to land their first league title since 1990.

thumbsup

And well deserved too.

1 Man Utd 36 16 1 1 43 13 11 4 3 24 11 43 86

2 Liverpool 36 11 7 0 38 12 12 4 2 34 14 46 80

3 Chelsea 36 10 6 2 31 12 13 2 3 32 10 41 77

4 Arsenal 36 10 5 3 27 15 9 6 3 37 21 28 68

When Tevez came it was groans all round, so obvious he would score.

How many times have I seen it this season, man utd losing at HT then coming back to win. I suppose you have to say fair play to them, they've just been winning non stop. I just hope barca give them a thumping in the CL now.

Well Liverpool have had their fair share of comebacks and late goals this season, haven't they?

Will be fun to see what Arsenal team turns up on Satursday. That Russian dude will be playing.

lol That photo is funny.

I agree 2pints, although I reckon there is a pretty good chance that Liverpool will win those two games.

The relegation battle remains intriguing. With two games remaining it is unusual that no team has yet been relegated although time is running out for West Brom and Middlesbrough who occupy the bottom two places, three points behind Newcastle who are just above the trapdoor.

Newcastle managed their first win under Alan Shearer on Monday, a crucial 3-1 victory over Middlesbrough, and another home win against Europe-chasing Fulham on Saturday could all but secure their survival.

If they fail to win and Hull City beat Bolton Wanderers, Newcastle would again find themselves in the bottom three going into the final week of the season.