The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

Ronaldo is probably the best player, but I think he will fade out in a few years after he has achieved things and gets too far up his own arse. This seems to happen to all the best players. Therefore, they should sell him for 40M to Real and try to get in another youngster, or maybe Kaka.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Actually I hope Ronaldo does go this summer. Doubt Kaka will be on his way though (unfortunately).

Originally Posted By: scouser
How are Scotland doing in the qualifiers TB?

doing as well as can be expected. Think we are 2nd in our group, behind Holland. The crappy result was getting beaten in our 1st game from Macedonia, they were garbage too! Gonna be tough for us to qualify I think.

just to let you know Burnley are a step closer to reaching the premier league....1-0 up at half time to Reading - 2nd leg on tuesday

I want the Toon to stay up because we always whoop their sorry asses to kingdom come. I dont want any more pesky teams like Hull coming up that know how to pinch draws at Anfield.

And in todays news

Ronaldo shelves dream move to Madrid

Petulant winger close to agreeing to stay at Old Trafford in short term, while players prepare campaign to keep Carlos Tevez

(Times)

or, wait..... maybe this is it:

Are you for Real? United and Madrid 'put pen to paper' on £70m Ronaldo transfer

A respected Spanish newspaper claims Manchester United and Real Madrid have already signed contracts on a world-record deal to take Cristiano Ronaldo to the Bernabeu this summer. It is claimed that the clubs have agreed a £71.5million fee for the 24-year-old, which is subject to secrecy clauses and Madrid's new president taking up the option.

(Mail)

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
And in todays news

Ronaldo shelves dream move to Madrid
Petulant winger close to agreeing to stay at Old Trafford in short term, while players prepare campaign to keep Carlos Tevez
(Times)

or, wait..... maybe this is it:

Are you for Real? United and Madrid 'put pen to paper' on £70m Ronaldo transfer
A respected Spanish newspaper claims Manchester United and Real Madrid have already signed contracts on a world-record deal to take Cristiano Ronaldo to the Bernabeu this summer. It is claimed that the clubs have agreed a £71.5million fee for the 24-year-old, which is subject to secrecy clauses and Madrid's new president taking up the option.
(Mail)

It's all total bollocks day in day out isn't it. The 'quality' papers are often no better. wakaranai

rollabout

Hey Wigan have beaten us before. But they are a bit rubbish at the moment. If they can keep that going just a bit longer.....

Quote:
just to let you know Burnley are a step closer to reaching the premier league....1-0 up at half time to Reading - 2nd leg on tuesday

>>

Quote:
Spectacular strikes from Martin Paterson and Steven Thompson ensure Burnley defeat Reading to book a Championship play-off final tie against Sheffield United.

Nice one.
How good are they stemik?