The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mail so perhaps some salt needed:

Rio Ferdinand may be sidelined for at least three weeks with a cracked rib after it emerged the Manchester United skipper was coughing up blood after a collision in Wednesday’s Champions League semi-final win over Arsenal.

The injury setback is a significant blow to Sir Alex Ferguson’s hopes of retaining United’s English and European crowns.

The papers really are just full of utter bollocks aren't they.

Here's The guardian

Manchester United's hopes of finishing a potentially historic season by retaining the Champions League and Premier League titles to complete a haul of four major trophies were given a significant boost last night when Sir Alex Ferguson's worst fears about Rio Ferdinand's fitness were eased by the results of an x-ray.

They should really be read as "entertainment" and just that.

Recently someone on the main Manchester United forums made up and pushed a story about Kaka wanting to play for United, along with totally made up 'quotes', 'facts' and 'according to sources close to the player'.

Some of the papers actually picked up on it and printed the "story" including The Sun and even The Times if I remember correctly. Hilarious funny shit it was. (Can't find it right now and need to get some work done today...)

lol

365 is worth tuning into each day just for the headline and first few sentences. Now:

Carlos Tevez has again hinted that he will leave Manchester United in the summer. With running around a lot seemingly convincing United fans but not Sir Fergie, the Argentinian said "I see myself more leaving United than staying here". Meanwhile, the injury hilarity at Arsenal continues, with Eduardo and Mikael Silvestre now missing from the Pompey trip.

Watching united online on some rubbish broadcast but good to see them with 2 goals @ 50 minutes. Our goal difference is starting to look better too/

dance