The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drogba was losing it big time at the end there.

Didn't see it all so can't comment on the decisions that Chelsea are so angry about.

I did see Lampard wasting time before the Barcelona goal and then complaining about Barcelona wasting time bringing on subs in the last few minutes. That was quite amusing.

Glad it's Barcelona. Confident we will win, but better to lose to them than Chelsea if it doesn't go out way! friend

I didn't see the game but reading about it...I would hate to lose that way. Its the worse way to go. If you get outplayed, fair enough no complaints, but when the ref robs you it is too hard to take.

That was killer for Chelsea. Difficult to feel sorry for CHELSEA, but....

RE: Penalties. Got to admit sometimes I don't know whether it should be one of not unless it's really clear, but apparently there were 4 decent claims. Can understand Drogba feeling bitter, but he's a bit of an animal isn't he?

So United vs Barcelona. Should be a good final that.

Apparently the DrogAttack continued in the tunnel with the ref looking "terrified". Wonder what punishment he'll get for that lot.

What a way to lose though, my my.

What a result!!!. I lost money on a Barce win, but what a great result!!

2 minutes into extra time doh Can imagine how Barce feel. Must be on top of the world. Now Chelsea can look forward to next season, they're not gonna win anything this season.

At least Arsenal can know they were just rubbish. Chelsea were better than Barcelona and be really smarting. United must be rubbing hands, though I suspect we will see a better Barcelona than the curious one in these semis.

On any given weekend in any league at any level you would expect some off those penalties to be given.

I wonder if this will affect the ref in the final though (?)

I hope this debacle and the Fletcher story from the night before might push a chance in the current absurd rules regarding big decisions like that. It needs changing.