The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, no. Even the TV cameras almost always show enough for a considered opinion to be made. Just because Alien Head didn't happen to see a split-second foul or something shouldn't be enough to turn a game. Not that I wanted United to win that one you understand.

Originally Posted By: thursday
instantaneous vid replay would do the game good. Rugby can have it, so too can football.

Rugby also has guys sticking their fingers into butts and eye sockets, they can keep all of them thanks.

I think referees should be naked ladies, then if they make a bad call......whatever...there's a naked lady on the field!!!
lol

Andrei Arshavin quadruple all but ends Liverpool's title dreams

Just as it appeared an Iron Curtain had fallen on Liverpool’s title bid, as Russia’s Andrei Arshavin scored four and Poland’s Lukasz Fabianski made save after save, Yossi Benayoun rescued a point for Rafa Benitez’s men. This was astonishing fare, utterly in keeping with a sensational season.

-------------------------

well, is it over?

ManU, 2 games in hand. Let's see....

javier-mascherano_1388765c.jpg

Over? No way. We played well. Look like scoring tons every game. Admiteddly didn't get 3 points last night, but United seem far more likely to lose at the moment on the whole. And if United lose 2 games, we wil on goal difference. Totally not over yet.

Can't sleep after that game. Incredible. (that we got a draw!) We played awful but what a game. Liverpool may well have scored 4 in their last few games, but they have also had 4 put past them. That can't be good for the confidence. Spent, perhaps? I think the race is probably for all intents and purposes (what a strange phrase that is) now.

Fanzone, always amusing

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,23791,13862_5220265,00.html?ssvTab=5&ssvSelectedTab=13861&ssvBasket=13862&ssvPage=1

Agree with scouser. On paper it looks over, but Man Utd have been stinking the place out recently and we have looked very strong (CL aside) over the past ten games or so. Man Utd have to change their form or there is no way their luck will carry them through to 6 straight wins. They couldnt cherry pick an easier game tonight though, portsmouth at home.

I might still put a bet in liverpool to win the PL, odds must be even better now.

We have got to win our game tonight.

I am hoping to see a back to form performance.

I'm going to get up specially to watch it too, so don't make me grumpy!!