The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giggs get PFA player of the year. Smells like a 'lifetime achievement' award to me, he didnt even play in half Utds games this season did he? Vidic must be quietly seething about it. Gerrards had a good season too.

I really hope Barcelona win.

We don't want another all England final.

Might be fun if we did and we beat them again, but not the best.

Can't claim to be following Spanish footie (apart from Liverpool of course) but aren't Barcelona playing some cracking footie at the moment? Lets hope they shock Chelsea and kill it off first leg.

Originally Posted By: bobby12
Barce 0 - 0 Chelsea

Chelsea will go and do man marking etc and try to pinch a goal from a corner. Immensely dull game. Lets see...

rolleyes

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

"The Reds have been linked with a second attempt to sign Aston Villa's Gareth Barry, as well as Valencia's David Villa and Portsmouth's Glen Johnson."

Please God make it happen.

who would you drop Barry for in the current Liverpool midfield Bobby?

Johnson would be a good one, I don't think Liverpool's full backs are up to much (unless its Carragher smile )

Aurelio is generally good though he stunk against Chelsea. Dossena is OK though he is top heavy and fast and so always looks like he will topple over of his own lack-of-balance.

I'd drop Alonso for Barry. Lucas of course would already be sent home in small pieces. Probably we will sell Alonso and pick up Barry, Alonso had a great season so it shouldn't be too hard to offload him.