The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

Just hope we get the job done and not make it any more difficult! Got to think that Liverpool will get 6 points from their last two.

smile

Bottle of wine status = open!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like United have this one wrapped (2-0 with 15 to go).

Ronaldo being a total spoilt prat throwing toys out of pram. Again. Madrid then perhaps. wink

Ronaldo can be extremely annoying. He's such a drama queen. Fergie'll deal with that.

Another banana skin out of the way. 4 more points needed from 3 games. groovy dance groovy dance

Showing a bit of passion for wanting to be out there for longer aside, don't really understand Ronaldo's reaction there.

He was taken off in a game they were fairly comfortably winning, with two need-to win matches coming up within 6 days.

In summary:

cock3.jpg

crybaby.png

Sky are milking it though, of course.

Sample forum opinion:

Daft reaction.

More bothered with the purpose shaking of the head, for the cameras.

Childish, but I hope it was just a strop and it's not deep routed. Hope he stays, but he's a right bell end.

lol

My theory is that he wants the golden boot, he is currently top PL scorer but if I remember rightly there are many players close to him on around 16 goals. So he probably wanted to stay on to get some more goals, egotistical bxxtard that he is.

Man Utd will trounce Wigan then just need a draw against Arse or Hull. They are both tough games but surely they can pick up one point from two chances. Game Over.

I think you probably have it spot on there bobby12.

Chelsea beat Arsenal 1-4 last night. Not looking too hopeful now sadly. But........ not over yet!

Has anyone ever in the history of mankind had an ego as big as Ronaldo?

Must be agony for Liverpool just having to watch.

Wigan, Arsenal and Hull are all in pretty crap form right now. Then again, perhaps they will all come out of their blips to spoil the party.

I saw a Dutch match on TV over the weekend. A player got injured, was lying on the side of the pitch obviously in pain and with feet on the field. 2 opponents ran over and lifted his feet off the field so they could get on with the throw-in. lol

what great sportsmanship.

Its interesting how he never gives Ronaldo a public bollocking as he would do in the past to other players.

I reckon he thinks 'I'll be retired soon, I just wanna win a ton of trophies in the next couple of years then get out so I'll let these chumps do what they want', whereas when he was younger he had to preserve a reputation for no-nonsense and would sacrifice a strong player (Jaap Stam etc) for the greater good of keeping future players under control.

It's difficult to know what is happening - so much crap is written in the media - but I don't think Fergies going soft. Well, perhaps in the case of Ronaldo of late for some reason, but he has had his fair share of upsets even the last year. He's all for the long term of the team.

It will be interesting to see who goes this summer and who arrives. I think lots of United fans still hope Ronaldo will be off, but we'd like someone pretty good to replace him.

smile