The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like United will be playing a "weakened" team.

I hope Fergie puts Koko on straight off. Lets see more of him.

It's not astonishing really when you think about it:

CL > FA Cup

PL > FA Cup

We have something like 5 games in the next 2 weeks or so with already players looking tired.

The pitch was used as an excuse explanation. (Perhaps the FA's contempt for the cup playing it here need investigating??)

And you can't discount coward Riley being scaredy-pants to give us the penalty we deserved after all the 'he's a United fan' media bull the previous few days. And that big hair dude - why was he still on the pitch at the end?!

And - we very nearly did win it, and the stories would be much different then.

Sad, but bigger things to get to now.

LFC vs Arse tonight, huge game for us.

Van Persie, Adebayor and Almunia all out biggrin That arsenal goalie looked total crap on the weekend, so fingers crossed we can get a result.

I think you will.

Moyes played it brilliantly with Alien Head if you ask me. Plant that seed of doubt in his vast Alien Head and sure as heck when there's a call for penalty, it doesn't get given. Beaten Sir Fergie at his own games.

Wembley pitch getting tons of stick

Arsene Wenger claimed yesterday that the state of the Wembley pitch was so bad it could potentially damage the prospects of the England team and asked why the Football Association had spent £757m on a stadium without getting the most basic component right.

In an outspoken attack that echoed Sir Alex Ferguson's on Sunday, Wenger, whose Arsenal team play Liverpool at Anfield tonight, said that the Wembley pitch was the "worst" in the country and demonstrated a lack of "respect" to the supporters who paid to watch the FA Cup semi-finals.

Wenger said: "If you go to a dentist and he says, 'Listen, I have a tool but it's from the 1950s' then you go to a dentist with a modern instrument. Football is the same. If they try to make you play on a pitch of 20 or 30 years ago then anyone would prefer to play on a new, modern pitch. If the pitch is not right nothing else matters."