What holidays do you get for Golden Week?

So what are you getting from work?

Friend of mine is off the whole of this week and Monday Tuesday of next week! Slackers. (I'm just jealous)

I'm just getting the holidays as they are on the calendar - ie. tomorrow, then Monday and Tuesday next week.

Thanks, TB. Good to get an explanation of the local stuff.

I recall our first trip pto Japan, coincided with the post Xmas/New Year week, so the resort was chokka with locals. We'd not been told (by the tour operators) that this was likely to happen. The next year, we avoided that time and had a great time with minimal crowding.

Makes a lot of dofference - like between 5 minutes lift lines and practically zero!

;\)

I can take public holidays if I want but frankly the last thing I'd want to do is try and travel or do anything in Japan during Golden Week, so I'll be working.

Quote:
I dont have ANY holidays in my contract

CB, a joke right? How many do you get? And didn't you just say you got a whole month or something in summer. ;\)

no, no joke. I dont have any holidays/sick days written in my contract - no BS. Maybe thats what happens when you get tenure in Japan. Anybody else with tenure, at a Uni/JHS/HS have them written in? Id be surprised if they do...

I lucked out with August off but the other coaches understand I havent been home in over 3 years and just said go enjoy your time home...Im not telling them Im adding a trip somewhere else too ;\) \:D