This is England

what an absolute pile of shite!! Did I miss something or was the acting meant to be that bad?

Did Channel 4 make it on a Camcorder?

The whole package is awful, don't waste 2 hours of your life watching this, you can never get it back!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neighbours used to be almost a religion back at college. People used to congregate in a bar in the students union just to watch "Neibs". That was when it was ace with Kylie, Jason and that geeky-but-wonderfully-sexy-with-glasses-can't-remember-her-name.

"Dune"

As a big fan of the Dune series of books (Frank Herberts - not his son's efforts)I have always been psyched by the idea of a good Dune movie - but the Movie and the TV movie fall flat. Why do I think the movie is a dud?

The basics facts of this scifi is that Dune is a dry planet, water is SCARCE. There are giant worms that inhabit the land and thier excrement gives the Fremen people thier brilliant blue eyes and psychic abilites, and the Bene Jeseret religious thier ability to forsee the future. There are MANY books in sequal to the first, but the movie makes any sequel impossible because at the end of the movie it RAINS!!!!

Rain kills the worms. No more 'spice'. No more story.

STUPID!! I remember being mighty ticked off watching that movie.

Originally Posted By: r45
Neighbours used to be almost a religion back at college. People used to congregate in a bar in the students union just to watch "Neibs". That was when it was ace with Kylie, Jason and that geeky-but-wonderfully-sexy-with-glasses-can't-remember-her-name.

Jane......plain Jane super brain!!!! \:D
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thunderball was good though.

The story behind Thunderball / Never Say Never Again / Warhead 2000 is really interesting if you are into Bond. I think I heard they have taken the book off the shelves now because of (even now) legal problems.

• 1 month later...

I think it is a tv movie, about a 10.5 mag earthquake in the US.

It has been on Wowow, watched the first part last night. Total cheese. Bad acting, bad effects, totally predicable. A series of big quakes in California and they predict a 10.5 in the next few days. So they decide to NUKE some faults to do something or other. Mad.

I quite enjoyed it! Can't wait for the 2nd part.

(They could have done with my warnings and advice called in I reckon),

• 3 weeks later...