• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Cronenberg) has always been fascinated by, and fearful of, human beings invaded by foreign bodies. Shivers (1975) and Rabid (1977) are cautionary tales in which scientists modify the human body to disastrous effect. When in Rabid, Marilyn Chambers grows a blood-sucking penis in her armpit, you just know things aren't going to turn out well.

Well yes. Precisely.

I caught the first 10 minutes of a (surely) tv movie called Hybrid. The acting was so laughably and terribly bad I thought it must have been a parody but it wasn't. I just had to turn it off after those 10 minutes, I was in pain.

Movies like that just totally bore me now. I've gone right off action movies of late. I'd have really gone for Die Hard 4 many years ago, but not this time. I suppose I'll give it a go when it's on telly.

• 1 month later...

You should have known before watching that one matey.

I watched The Others the other day. While it was mildly interesting, I couldn't help feeling it dragged on and it would just be an average x-files episode or other tv show.

There was a shocker on TV last night. I watched about 20 minutes of Stephan Seagull in some vehicle which made "The A Team" look like a paradigm of originality and unpredictability. Appalling trash. America worshiping at the Church of The Gun.

steven seagal is hilarious, mostly because i reckon he is exactly the same in real life

i watched about 20 minutes of the hulk last night and it was terrible. i really don't get the point of superhero movies.