• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps being a little picky here, but the Hulk isn't really superhero is he? That was a truly bad movie though, especially when he started jumping/flying. I used to really like the TV series when I was younger ( though I also used to like Quincy lol.gif ), I'm sure that was quite down-to-earth and almost serious.

true true, not a superhero movies as such...

and i know many movies are forumlaic, but superhero movies never seem to have any twists or interesting plot developments in them. mostly they are:

normal person attains superpowers, is torn about how to use them, has an unrequited love. the end

• 2 weeks later...
 Originally Posted By: base40
I Am Legend. Liked it.

Looking forward to this Cloverfield movie that people know so little but so much about.

Hmmm, I.A.L was alright. Couple moments with good suspense but all in all it was a very flawed film and basically weve seen it all before. Its just a bad 28 days later really.

Al's flaws in film (may contain slight spoilers):

Willy Smith is on an island that is cut off - where did the heards of deer come from?
Why cant he shoot a deer with a massive sniper rifle after years of practice?
How did random lady that shows up get to the island?
how does she just drive off the island at the end?

When random zombie leader man (oh there is an intelligent zombie but the film does not examaine this fact AT ALL??) trys to trick willy smith how does he know the maniquine is his mate?
When zombie leader sends his dogs to get smith - him and his mates just stand back and watch? not gonna happen, they are crazed zombie b@stards!! they would have all been running at him like every other point in the film.

SHES NEVER HEARD OF BOB MARLEY?!?!

Etc etc, if you ignore all the glaring mistakes this film is quite enjoyable. It just frustrated me and the more i think about it , the more it annoys me.
  • 4 weeks later...
 Originally Posted By: spook
no way, that movie ws terrible. as a fan of the books i was psyched for the movies. all i got was 9 hours of nacy-boy hobbits moaning about how hard their lot is. and then the 3rd movie had about 10 different endings. that thing would not die.
clerks 2 has a good pisstake of lord of the rings. now that was a quality film

Rofl

All LOTR movies are instant legends.
Sure, the Fellowship of the ring was the best, but the trilogy in it's entirety is one of the best ever made, and depicts an absolutely classic set of books extraordinarily well.

Wash your mouth out with soap :p
 Originally Posted By: thursday.
Starship Troopers 2. It was an Alien 2 imitation. Sucked shit through a drainpipe.

Lol, there was a Starship Troopers 2?!?!
WTF? After such a pethetic attempt with the first, why on earth would anyone finance a 2nd.

:roll:

Wow there are some strange entries in this thread.

For the record, here are some of my worst-rated movies:

---

Dude, where's my car?

Overall, quite pathetic. 1 point for the "scenery", 0.5 point for the stupidity.

1.5/10

---

Traffic

Bordering on pathetic.

Very dissapointing, such little entertainment in general at all.

2/10

---

Minority Report

Very disappointing. I went to see this movie with much anticipation and expecting it to be somewhat different that what it was, including involving a lot more cool action.

As it was, I think it had few good points at all, and was one of the worst Spielberg movies I have seen.

Not at all keen to ever see it again.

2/10

---

Daredevil – with Ben Affleck

Quite dissapointing.

I had heard good things about this movie, but the special effects really were quite poor overall I thought. I don’t really like Ben Affleck either, and he kinda sucked as usual.

Even the general cinematography and flow of the movie was doubtful and not very enjoyable in some parts. I’ll never watch it again.

2/10

---

Hollowman – Kevin Bacon

One of the worst movie experiences I have ever had.

I am not a big fan of Kevin Bacon anyways, but this was bordering on pathetic.

Extra cheese, very sloppy, with animal cruelty themes thrown in, I have trouble recalling disliking a movie as much as this one.

1/10

---

The Order – Jean-Claude Van Damme

Very dissapointing

Extra cheese, poorly done in many parts and many ways, even most of the fight scenes were dodgy.

The worst Van Damme movie I have seen, and I really like him generally.

2/10

---

Mean Girls

Similar yank teen school stuff that is seen in lots of movies over the years, hardly a movie you would associate the word “substance” with except in the context of “Even under the influence of some highly illegal substance, the reviewer couldn’t find many good things to say about this movie.”

Some ok scenery I guess, but pretty much full of cheese.

I’ll never watch it again.

2/10

---

The Passion of the Christ

Dodgy at best.

Well done in terms of cinematography, directing, producing, and the camera pans & angles in most scenes made them look quite good.

However the content and story of this movie is very poor and unenjoyable, and this one deserves, and only deserves, to be produced on a small budget and get put in the barrel with thousands of other b-grade or c-grade movies.

The extraordinary level of modern technology, movie making techniques, and special effects animation available in this day an age is simply grossly wasted on such a movie, and I can’t really believe Mel Gibson went ahead with it.

The best part was the crow picking the damned crucified guy’s eye out, but even that was shown in amazingly less detail than other bodily mutilation in other scenes.

A waste of a movie ticket, I’ll certainly never watch it again.

1/10

---

I gotta say, the Passion of the Christ really stands out as one of the worst of the worst.

I avoid paractically all of them.

There's enough to do without spending the whole of an evening watching some American production which pretends to be something else.

My advice? Turn off the TV and get outside, dig the garden, grow some healthy food. OR go for a walk! Now that's a novel idea!