• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Vettel's penalty of ten grid positions in the Chinese GP seems unduly harsh to me. His removal of Mark Webber and himself from the race was a rookie's mistake and should be treated with a little more leniency. It is understandable that Webber should be annoyed at having the chance of a win so unceremoniously removed from his grasp, but any future grid penalty imposed on Vettel does not give the Australian any compensation. I suppose the theory is that such a stern penalty will encourage Vettel not to repeat the mistake but, judging from the rookie's despair after limping back to the pits, he is hardly in need of such a reminder.

Moving on from the Toro Rosso team, I must say that I find the FIA's reaction to the Ferrari email upset rather strange. Instead of behaving with their usual disregard for the opinions of the teams and rigidly applying the rules, they have apologized profusely and vowed to back up their communication systems in future. It could be said that Ferrari caused their own problems by not checking their email more frequently and deciding to go for a very dubious tire strategy in the first place, but instead we have the unheard of situation where the FIA are taking the blame.

The inescapable conclusion is that the FIA is in Ferrari's pocket, just as so many have said before. I do not need to say such things as, "Would the same apology have been forthcoming had the team been McLaren?"; it is only necessary to remember the FIA's intransigence over a far more important matter when all of the teams except Ferrari needed a little flexibility in the rules at Indianapolis in 2005.

If the FIA want to be seen as impartial, they should stop providing so much evidence that the reverse is true. Instead of apologizing, they should have penalized Ferrari for contravening the rules, regardless of whether or not the team received the email in time. That would be consistency."

http://madtv.me.uk/f1insight/default.aspx?blogid=127

Ferrari's internal communications have broken down. Ross Brawn has leaft and their chief mechanic has turned traitor. They need the FIA to gift them the constructors championship. The FIA won't enforce their own rules when Ferarri are disadvantaged. This is a team in meltdown.

There has never been a top driver I didn't like, except:

Prost

Mansell

Hill

Piquet

Prost

Mansell

Prost

Mansell

Prost

and perhaps Hamilton. But I don't think he's a top driver. The whole Mclaren team are cheats.

Borrox.

I've never been a McLaren fan, but. They put Lauda and Prost into identical cars and let them race. Then they put Prost and Senna into identical cars and let them race. Now they have put Alonso and Hamilton into identical cars and let them race.

The designs for next year's cars are being made now. By December they will be fixed, and the cars will be built in January. In March they will be fully tested. Ferrari's secrets divulged by another discontented employee have stuff-all to do with McLarens success this year.

I'm not normally dogmatic, but thursday, you know fark all about F1.

what what what? When did I claim to know anything about F1. I've posted my opinions, not what I pass off as facts.

Mclaren the constructor has already been docked all points, why not their drivers? What's the F1 fact on that?

Sorry thursday. What I'm claiming is Ferarri's data would have no relevance to McLaren, other than stuff like tyre pressures.

What the FIA did was entirely political, being seen to be doing something. In fairness, they probably had to have a punishment. As it was the team deemed at fault and not the drivers, it was the team which lost its points.

who would have thought a 3 way race for the title in the last round, Hamiltons engineers cost him dearly by not bringing him in.

anyway has anyone seen the brilliant Shell/ferrari ad?

I seriously recommend you check it out, its well worth watching.

http://www.shell.com/home/content/ferrar..._tv_advert.html

download the 16Mb version, and then crank up your sound - way up with lots of bass, you wont be disappointed.

I have watched it about a dozen times already.

I want to drive the 3rd car, has the best sounding engine.

car 1 1952 Ferrari F500

car 2 1967 Ferrari 312

car 3 1970 Ferrari F213B

car 4 1997 Ferrari F310B

car 5 2003 Ferrari F2003

Those sound clips are great if you work in an open-plan office and have good speakers \:\)

OT, My brother lives about 20 miles from Duxford, home of an RAF museum. I was standing in his back garden one summer evening, and I heard an engine approaching which really caught my attention. Then a Spitfire flashed overhead at about 500ft. He was really gunning it, and that Merlin sounded fantastic.

Yep Spitfires sound awesome at low level - I went to a 50 years since the WWII memorial airshow and they had a couple of Spitfires and P51D Mustang, the all flew at high speed about 20-30 metres above the ground and it was a mind blowing roar. I do remember the mustang sounding smoother and being a tad smoother and faster in flight than the Spitfire though not by much!

True story.

I was at the Biggin Hill airshow many many years ago and a friend had a chance to go on the Invader as the pilot's son's pal. He was about to board but at the last second, told to wait for the next one as there were some VIPs wanting a ride.

Fair enough, waited and had a sit down.

The Invader never came back as that was it's last flight, it dug a huge hole in the field next to the runway.

For every day of his life, my friend thinks he's the luckiest person alive.