Originally Posted By: SG
hmm interesting race indeed, poor Vettel.
Kubica and Massa at the end was awesome!

Agreed. Racing doesn't get much closer than that.

Maybe installing water spray systems at all tracks is the answer to more compelling races.
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun race to watch once they actually got started.

Never know though, Hamilton might end up with zilch in the next race taking it right to the end. No counting of chickens etc.

Well after a pretty bad start - I was not in the best of moods - it ended up being quite enjoyable. of course we'd have preferred some decent weather but it wasn't to be. Maybe next year again.

I don't know how much of this is tabloid bullshit but I have read that Hamilton is under investigation for the Japan race - dangerous driving behind the safety car or something and apparently there is a chance he might get stripped of the points........

Quote:
Fernando Alonso has joined in the condemnation of his McLaren team-mate Lewis Hamilton's tactics during last week's Japanese grand prix, which could deal a blow to the British driver's hopes of winning the world championship.

And I thought they were buddies.

"It definitely contributed to Sebastian hitting me up the back, because Hamilton wasn't doing what he was supposed to be doing," said Webber. "He spoke in the drivers' meeting about how good a job he was going to do and did the opposite. Still, we know for next time. He did a shit job."

That is total borrox. Hamilton had nothing to do with the accident. Vettel wasn't watching Webber. Why wasn't Webber watching Hamilton or using his mirrors? Webber had a car up his chuff and should have braked earlier and more gently.

In wet races, drivers always experiment with different lines, searching for grip. Just watch Raikkonen. Behind the safety car they are always weaving, braking and accelerating. This is more FIA bullshit.

Originally Posted By: thursday
Hamilton slowed, Webber braked to avoid going ahead of him. GUILTY.

So what? Guilty of warming the tyres and brakes behind the safety car? Well hot dang, it's time to disqualify the whole field.

The video has been pulled courtesy of Formula One Management (FOM). FOM seem to have copyright over any footage you take of their events. The FIA seem to want to punish anyone not Ferarri who make for an interesting race. I'm descending into old fartism here, but there was a time when GP was about RACING.

Grumble mumble.