I see the new cars for the F1 season are being unveleiled, with Honda unleashing their green (eh?) car

281903.jpg

I haven't read the F1 news for months. Looks like it will be good this season?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You had to a real man to race one of these wheel to wheel at 150mph. The cockpit sides are the fuel tanks. Clark is sitting in the fuel tank.

clark25big0dvsdt9.jpg

It helps if your pit crew looks like this though. She'd have a problem getting under the car.

tyrrellzn9.jpg

Than new Honda "concept" comes courtesty of Simon Fuller. You know, the dude behind Spice Girls, American Idol, Beckham and lots of other style over substance projects. It is certainly getting a lot of publicity isn't it. What exactly is green then?

• 2 weeks later...

Eccleston wants the rules changed so that the guy who wins the most races is the Champion.

He's also got it in for Silverstone (again). Is it that bad?

Got to admit, the 2nd guy getting 8 points must have had some effect on the mindset of someone in 2nd. Why bother risking something if you get only 2 points less than the guy in front? Of course they want to win and all that, but... 6 points for 2nd was better.

That's Graham Hill in a BRM at Monaco. Hill is generally regarded as a good technician, rather than an artist, but he won at Monaco six times. You do that by being very sympatheic with the car and keeping it out of the scenery.

I'd love to try one out too.

It must be really strange at first driving a car in that position. Would totally love to have a go.

I remember a mate of mine back home as a birthday present from his lady got a test drive in some race car (F3 or something similar, maybe) at one of the race tracks in the UK. That must be superb, has to be on my list of things to do.

As for F1, hmmm. Is it going to be fun this year? What wacky new rules are there this time round? ;\)

The birthday treat would have been Formula Ford. Kent engine, no wings and treaded tyres. Probably the closest thing to an early sixties GP car.

I'd be very happy with the position. I'm as stiff as a board, and comfortable lying straight in a car, as long as there's enough length.

The early money is on Ferrari. Their winter times look good, Raikkonen is fast and Massa is the real dark horse.

Alonso won't have any problems from Hamilton, although I expect their times to be close. Renault and BMW will founder on their driver choice.

With Schuey's retirement, Red Bull now have the two biggest chins in F1 thumbsup.gif Expect plenty of chinning from Red Bull.

Honda will disappoint.

I think Raikkonen will be the one to beat this season. Just hope it is close and that there is some real racing. We may even miss the controversy that Schumacher brought to the game.

Looking forward to this first race though.

I didn't know Raikkonen was in a Ferrari this year. That guy seems really talented so if the car hasn't taken a dive this season it will be good to see him in one. Would have been better perhaps if it was Schumacher / Raikkonen in the red car, though I suppose that might never have happened for a whole load of reasons.

Maybe now Schumey's retired, they can change back all the qualifying rules, points system and engine rules to what they were before they tried to Ferrari-proof F1?

Raikkonen's been the one to watch ever since he debuted, under controversial circumstances, getting an F1 racing licence with little in the way of race experience in other categories... what a rare talent he is, stifled by unreliable cars. He'll do well if the Ferrari team can deal with Schumacher's retirement and keep their high standards up.

Alonso's star will fade quickly...

I think Alonso will be as good as the McLaren.

Honda are having problems with grip with the new car, and don't know whether it's aero or mechanical. I still expect them to beat Toyota. Trulli and Ralf are never going to cut the mustard. The BMW is expected to challenge, but again, I'm not sure they have the drivers to win races, let alone championships.

lol.gif

Who the hell are Spyker?! Super Aguri looking slightly more super than last year I see ;\)

1 K Raikkonen (Fin) Ferrari 1mins 26.072secs

2 F Alonso (Spn) McLaren 1:26.493

3 N Heidfeld (Ger) BMW Sauber 1:26.556

4 L Hamilton (GB) McLaren 1:26.755

5 R Kubica (Pol) BMW Sauber 1:27.347

6 G Fisichella (Ita) Renault 1:27.634

7 M Webber (Aus) Red Bull 1:27.934

8 J Trulli (Ita) Toyota 1:28.404

9 R Schumacher (Ger) Toyota 1:28.692

10 T Sato (Jpn) Super Aguri 1:28.871

11 A Davidson (GB) Super Aguri 1:26.909

12 N Rosberg (Ger) Williams 1:26.914

13 H Kovalainen (Fin) Renault 1:26.964

14 J Button (GB) Honda 1:27.264

15 A Wurz (Aut) Williams 1:27.343

16 F Massa (Brz) Ferrari no time*

17 R Barrichello (Bra) Honda 1:27.679

18 S Speed (USA) Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:28.305

19 D Coulthard (GB) Red Bull 1:28.579

20 V Liuzzi (Ita) Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:29.267

21 A Sutil (Ger) Spyker 1:29.339

22 C Albers (Ned) Spyker 1:31.932

The talk here is all of new boy Lewis Hamilton who has "marked himself out as a future world champion following his impressive Formula One debut", says his McLaren team boss Ron Dennis.

Buttons race was "rubbish".