• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely skiing. Then you can train him to pull you along the flat sections, so you don't have to unclip.

We wait for obsolescence   Just really hope he grows up OK.

Baby number two.   GirlInJapan  

thanks Scouser. Well done for doing Chelsea.

mantas, yep, yep, yep, my first and foremost.

Bags, true to form, the first thing we got from the ultrasound was a sighting of the wedding tackle. So the first question is skier or boarder.

Is there still another counting system for pregnancy in Hong Kong?

In the US, I'm pretty sure its counted from the first missed period to the average delivery date = 9 months.

In Japan I know its counted from the last period the woman actually had = 10 months to the avereage delivery date.

If your little one is 6 mos and due in march that would make it 8 months. Do Hong Kong doctors count to the earliest possible date the baby could be born or something?

I kept freaking out that 2 weeks after finding out, the baby was already in its "3rd" month by the Japanese counting method!!!

We're now in our "8th month" but the baby's not due until April.

OK, I have this clarified with my wife.

We started counting from the first day of her last period. So that's June. Then it's 40 weeks from then.

So say June 1, then 40 weeks from June 1 would be March 8.

Yeah that's about right.

So really I counted wrong, so he's now 8 months.

Sorry, didn't mean to call you out on your math skills or anything, honest, was just pure curiosity.

I'm finding out cultural differences abound in medical thinking more than anywhere else I've ever noticed it before.

So HK count is like Japan then.

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations Thursday!

I'm back! Back from the UK & back in work! Lots of reading to catch up on here and I really will sort out that birth story soon (promise!).

Here are a few pics.

2 weeks

8thmumsbear3.jpg

3 months, 2 weeks

CIMG0831.jpg

3 monthsish with his 2-monthish cousin

Jan2ndIoanKaty.jpg