• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely skiing. Then you can train him to pull you along the flat sections, so you don't have to unclip.

We wait for obsolescence   Just really hope he grows up OK.

Baby number two.   GirlInJapan  

Thanks for all the clap.gif 's everyone. Yeah, its our first. Still tripping on the grand debut of hands and feet in the latest ultrasound.

Apologies in advance to everyone. I'm sure I'm going to post a lot of stuff on this thread that, to those of you who've been through it before, is going to be the fatherhood newcomer's equivalent of the Japan newcomers' perpetual repetition of the same "amazing new disocveries" about Japan.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tohoku bum:
Thanks for all the clap.gif 's everyone. Yeah, its our first. Still tripping on the grand debut of hands and feet in the latest ultrasound.

Apologies in advance to everyone. I'm sure I'm going to post a lot of stuff on this thread that, to those of you who've been through it before, is going to be the fatherhood newcomer's equivalent of the Japan newcomers' perpetual repetition of the same "amazing new disocveries" about Japan.
Well done TB,

Just do us a favour and keep it less detailed than me jane!
 Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
bump
 Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
bump
lol.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by soubriquet:
I've rung Andrew and he's on the case.
Glad to hear it ;\)
 Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
I'm actually enjoying the details.
\:\)
Thank you scouser.

No point telling you that pregnancy is wonderful. Too many lovey-dovey pregnancy stories out there. Someone needs to tell it like it is. wave.gif

TB, looking forward to your stories.

Agreed me jane. Considering the complexities, it's a bit of a wonder that it happens at all. I'm following this with great interest.

The enigmatic exchange above was Fattwins bumping yesterday's troll from the top of the forum.

Went to the docs for a check up yesterday & the midwife was very entertained by my chopstick story. She said that her Japanese patients didn't usually give her quite as much detail!

Anyway got lots of good news:

Mini Me Tarzan is in the correct head down position.

He has moved down into my pelvis ready for birth (I kind of had a feeling he had by the shooting pains I feel going down through my cervix when he moves!).

I'm one cm dilated. (That means that the cervix has opened itself 1cm - it will open 10cm by the time I give birth).

So it's looking like I'll be able to avoid the c-sect and get a normal birth after all! So I might even make it skiing in Feb or March!

Just 5 more days at work and I'll be ready for anything. Last day is the 10th!

Next update coming after the 12th check-up!

Yep, could be anytime. Due dates are the 40 week mark (Oct 29th) but full-term is anything from 37 to 42 weeks. I'll be 37 weeks this Sunday. Hope he stays in 'til my mum gets here on the 25th though.

Yeah ditto that from me and my wife. Congrats TB and anyone else I've missed. We're set for no.2 this Friday afternoon. Excited and busy gearing up plus a little bit nervous of course. My wife is not looking forward to the pain and I can't help thinking how I get the easy part of the whole deal.

Good luck to you too Davo and wife.

Quote:
Originally posted by sunrise:

Lotsa babies coming at the moment, eh!

Yeah, the SJ community seems to be doing its part to fight the declining birth rate in Japan!

I'm curious. How many of these newbies are going to remain in Japan? For how long?

Ours will likely be here for a while.