Yep, I am gonna wear out the snooze button on my alarm long before the rest of the thing gets close to carking it! I hate mornings! Unless it is for a surf, then I can get myself up easily!

I have no problem lying in when I want to but yes getting up on workdays is difficult.

I see some of the people on here are often up and posting before 7am. Can't sleep from being older, perhaps? ;\)

I have my phone set to wake me up every morning with a totally annoying melody. I have to actually get up to turn the thing off. It does it's job, even though I curse it every day!

Im lucky, i dont start til 1pm! but i try to get up about 8am. And yes, way harder to get up on work days. infact i get up earlier on days off.

Japanese are generally proficient sleepers a. one of my students once told me he fell asleep on the john!

I couldn't go to bed before 10 - I'd probably end up not getting to sleep until 2 if I did that. Always between 11 and 12.

I just hate getting up in a morning though, especially when it's cold. Once I'm up I'm ok pretty quick though.

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
I have no problem lying in when I want to but yes getting up on workdays is difficult.

I see some of the people on here are often up and posting before 7am. Can't sleep from being older, perhaps? ;\)
Oi! It's because I go to bed with my cocoa at nine sharp.

Came back from a trip to UK couple of weeks back and was waking up at 5am for a few days dueto jet lag. Decided to get up most of the days went running and did some training. Was surprised how many people were about and I had done more by about 10am than I usually accomplish in a day. Felt great too, so decided to try and keep it up. Worked for about four days then had a big night out and it put me back on the straight and narrow!! lol.gif Back to hitting the snooze button with a pillow muffeld grumble for an hour!

I really get annoyed if I wake up early on a Designated Lazy Day. Different levels of annoyance. Being woken up by some stupid school chime or 6am town office chime on a Designated Lazy Day annoys me no end.

Tips for good sleeping on sundays:

• Big fat dark curtains to keep out all sun.
  • Earplugs!

Tips for getting out of bed for work:

• Put alarm clock on other side of the room.
  • Leave curtains open.

Leaving the curtains open helps if its a nice sunny day. It gives me the energy to get out of bed but if it's cold & raining it can have the opposite effect...

The only weather that gets me out of bed really quickly is snow. I still get that excited kid rush when I see everything white outside. Not sure if it would be so efective if I lived in one of the snowier parts of Japan though.

fb_steve, that's my problem!

Bobby12, I wish those techniques worked for me, but I sleep through anything in the morning. Great for the lazy days but bad for the work days, which are 6 out of 7 for me \:o

Although the ceiling people do a pretty good job of trying to rouse me!

Quote:
Originally posted by me jane:
Leaving the curtains open helps if its a nice sunny day. It gives me the energy to get out of bed but if it's cold & raining it can have the opposite effect...
The only weather that gets me out of bed really quickly is snow. I still get that excited kid rush when I see everything white outside. Not sure if it would be so efective if I lived in one of the snowier parts of Japan though.
Yeah, I like waking up with the sunrise, too. I wake up before 5am in summer and enjoy watching beautiful sunrise from my bed. But I am very poky in the morning especially workday... I can't get out of bed until 7:30-8:00am, take an hour to finish breakfast and makeup, finally I can leave my apartment and it's 9:30am...
....... :rolleyes:
Actually, there is no difference between workday morning and weekend morning to me except for makeup. I am just poky anyway... When it comes to skiing, I become a different person!
 Quote:
Originally posted by bobby12:
Tips for good sleeping on sundays:
Big fat dark curtains to keep out all sun.Earplugs!

Tips for getting out of bed for work:
Put alarm clock on other side of the room.Leave curtains open.
Curtains, earplugs do nothing when your oldest son is jumping on you and screaming wake up, mummy & daddy! With the youngest one scratching your face!

I can't get up in winter, though now it's getting easier.
I'll start my morning runs soon. Morning is the best part of the day.

yep, those town announcements on sundays suck!
 Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
Curtains, earplugs do nothing when your oldest son is jumping on you and screaming wake up, mummy & daddy!
oh yeah, just last week my 'alarm clock" woke me up by jumping on my nads and chanting "Wiggles Wiggles Wiggles"

wiggles = these rich dudes

not really related, but i just thought of it... my mate, whenever he has to remember something important one day, he wears his watch on the wrong arm - works very well! but generally i dont wear a watch so i put my pants on backwards. nah just kidding.