It's much worse than even 5 years ago. Nowadays you can't walk around without being hassled by the strip club people and prostitutes. The only thing I can say in favor of Roppongi is that there are some good restaurants.

I'm also glad I grew out of it.

I hated it. I have no timetable for comparisons since I was only there once though. I was ready to hit the next guy that grabbed me trying to get me into their bar or strip club.

I hated Tokyo in general. No offense, but I'm just not a city guy and Tokyo is the ultimate modern city. The subway system does rock though. Well done on that.

Almost seems like there are 2 Roppongi's now: the new "Roppongi Hills" complex and the older Roppongi area with all the clubs. The Virgin Cinema at the former is probably my fav theater in Tokyo.

It's a great, evocative name though innit? - that explosive double 'p' in the middle and the Orientalist's 'pong' sound in there for good measure. Even the kanji has an inscrutable space-invader look about it.

六 本 木 六 本 木 六 本 木 六 本 木

六 本 木 六 本 木 六 本 木 六 本 木

roppongi Roppongi ROPPONGIIII!!!

But I prefer Sanbancho in Matsuyama all the same.

I hang out mostly in Sibuya (Dogen-zaka area), so obviously Roppongi is not a place I enjoy being at. Usually I am dragged there by friends once every 2 months but I feel I am just wasting my money. The only decent area as Montoya said is around the Roppongi hills complex, although you still get all kinds of wired people there. There only 2 places I enjoy going in Roppongi, the Tokyo Sports Café to watch football games and the after hours psy-trance parties once a month in Velfare (next to sports Café).

Roppongi...hate that place with a passion I reserve for things I really hate...and thats a lot!! Been there half a dozen times I guess and hated it more and more each time.

Good place to pick up a one nighter (so Ive heard ;\) )

I used to go a lot, but like others I'm growing out of it more now I think. It has deteriorated over the years. It seemed so much more (for want of a better word) innocent years ago.

Oooh god what is that yuppie meat market pub.....Heartland that's it. Jesus what a shallow pit of pretentious hell that place is. Packed to the gills with rich [censored], wannabe bankers and gold-digging hussies out for a trophy husband or a platnium Amex card with a dick.

Yeah it's a great place, I love it lol.gif

Well, there sure is a lot of meat down there.

I've had quite a few good nights out in Roppongi thank you very much. Some places there are worse than others.

Is Gas Panic still going? Now that was a dive.

I go to work in thongs/flip-flops (depending on which country you come from) ... Will they let me in to this "Heartland" place in thongs? Sounds like the rest of the gooses there would be in suits etc. though ... Have to hate those places full of suits.

I really don't like Roppongi, it's a scary place. Not really in terms of safety (well, I didn't feel unsafe as such when I was there), but in terms of people acting scary. Why did Roppongi develop into this?

3 Years ago in roppungi i somehow managed to get behind the decks in Gas Panic, i was not in a state of soberness at all.. I can remember the crowd cheering when i was about to leave the decks.. Maybe it coz i was mixin up some mad tracks.. but then maybe its coz they were going to throw me out ;\)