so does anyone really hate their job?

i just had a half shitty, half good day at school today (a common occurance) and was wondering what other people think of their jobs. i finish in july, thank god, so i'm out of here to never teach again (yep, it's even put me off teaching in nz, even though i'm a trained teacher!). at the moment, when i grow up, i want to be a bc ski guide, ski bum or get good enough at bodyboarding or mountain biking or some other outdoor sports so that i can do that most of the time and finance it by working here and there... but that's the frustrated, and pissed off shimba talking...

Yes. I hate my job. I don't like sitting around on my bum all day translating manuals for environmentally damaging products of questionable value.

I'm thinking about how I can best become a forester.

(A big sardonic thank you to my parents who guided me away from the subjects that interested me to more valuable 'academic' pursuits. I now have a job that is the fruit of all that study, rather than a job that I want to do.)

I don't like my job, but only have it for a few more weeks... then i'll be unemployed \:D eek.gif

The next stage is going to be tough, maybe, but I'm going to keep reminding myself that life can and should be fun... should be a good bit of tilling the land, MY land, in their somewhere too.

I've had more jobs than i remember!

i've done everything from Mc.Jobs to a respectable career in computer networking, sales, service.

I ran my own little catering company on St.Croix.

Done woodworking, watched over the danish national museum, been a photographer for a small newspaper.

anyway, i hated them all. After a while all jobs become the same.

Work is just something you need to do to get money for the things you like. (no real news there \:\) )

yep! its the weekend and i've just finished at the gym... so i'm off to get myself some food... and i've already forgotten about the crummy day (i try not to let things bother me for too long, life goes on, right! clap.gif )

so ocean, how easy would it be to change jobs? i suppose more is at stake when you've got kids... can't bum around anymore, changing jobs when you get sick of them (give me credit, i managed reasonably well for 2 years, but maybe the 3rd was a mistake, but i need the money for the next adventurous stage of my life \:D )

i can definately say i hate my job.

only around 3 more weeks left, then im gone.

there is nothing quite like the experience of working in a hot, sweaty kitchen all night with people you cannot stand.

all jobs suck after a while though, that's the nature of working.

It's not particularly the job, more the people I'm wish. I'm not keen on quite a few of them, esp the stubborn old fashioned management dudes. They really need to lighten up a bit and try to get a grasp on reality.

Don`t like mine. Has put me off teaching and made me appreciate the importance of having a good relationship with your co-workers. Leaving in a few weeks and then off to do a season. That should be significantly more fun!

Quote:
Originally posted by grungy-gonads:
Where's next manda?
just a bit of travelling.

out east to nova scotia for a few weeks, then back to japan for a bit to see my folks and then off to australia.

i'll be back here come september though.

most of my friends hate their job. I am like the only one that actually like and enjoys my job. I work at a large apparel company, I am a graphic designer, so I am usually working on something new all the time. maybe thats why I don't hate my job.

likewise montoya. Still, what I'm doing now for income isn't what I hope to be doing forever. Same industry, but less of the stuff that I wouldn't do if I wasn't being paid.