what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

• 2 weeks later...
MORRISSEY’S cat thinks his owner is a knob, it has emerged

Requiescat the cat, who shares a luxury condominium with the former Smiths frontman, explained that conditions were so unbearable he’d taken to frantically pressing the red button on the remote whenever he saw an RSPCA advert.

The cat said: “I am forced to eat vile vegetarian muck, some sort of textured protein that tastes as depressing as the unrequited love his lordship’s always banging on about.

“If I catch a mouse he never lets me finish killing it, but wrestles it from my jaws and starts reading it stories from the People’s Friend.

“Also the whole house smells of bittersweet nostalgia.

“I tried to show him how I felt by shitting on the floor, but he retaliated by curling one into my litter tray.

“Then, instead of renewing my pet insurance, he took the money to William Hill and put a bet on me dying in 2015.”

“I swear I saw him eat a KFC Boneless Bucket in the dark, when he thought I was asleep. I think he then stroked the image of the Colonel and sighed.”

However Morrissey’s dog Cromwell said: “I quite like him. Once I bit Johnny Marr and Morrissey gave me a crisp £10 note and some poetry books.”

Headmaster Ritual is a classic. Top of their game.

For some reason, the Murder by Death video on the previous page reminded me of this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i65STCT8lw4

...which I hadn't heard or even thought of in probably 20 years.

Happened to see them in concert just after learning that a friend had died. The part from 5:40 on is good maudlin drunk material.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the new DM album last night and given it 5 listens.

Much better than the very disappointing last one.

Will take time to sink in and I doubt it will sit up there with their best period, but feeling pretty good about this one.

That makes v a happy bunny today.

:)

Right now (and most of the time, in fact) I am listening to the screeching of what seems like a gazillion cicadas in my head. Serious tinnitus - always worse when it's quiet, like at 3am when I just want to get back to sleep but the damned noises in my head won't let me!

Absolute pain in the arse, to be honest! But, not a lot can be done about it.

Caused by years and years of exposure to significant noise (Industrial work and teaching metalwork) before PPE (Personal Protective Equipment = hearing protection) was considered important.