What was yours?

I remember getting my ZX Spectrum 16K and being in heaven. I always wanted a BBC or Vic20 as well, and a ZX81 before that (do you remember THEM eek.gif ).

Funny...

Strange, I was having this conversation yesterday!

Mine was an MSX, the games loaded in 8 minutes flat, and you could even play them 1 time out of every 10 without it crashing!

Atari keyboard that you plug into the TV was the very first computer I used.

Then came the Commodore 64 and then came Microsoft.

Straight Apple man now though.

A Mac. A true heap of shit it was. Nearly every major component in it was defective, and after sending it in for Apple Certified repairs 3 times no less (couldn't they tell the whole thing was screwed the first time??), they gave me a new one.

The only benefit of this was that I developed the habit of saving changes after each sentence so I haven't ever lost much data due to crashes, power failures and the like.

I still went on to become a blind and rabid Mac fan (as you do), in spite of most of the manifesto being a pack of lies and distortions, especially that 'great engineering' bit.

an atari keyboard with the cartridge slot right on it. i remember my sister got it for xmas, maybe like 1983 or something when she told santa she didn't know what she wanted. i was convinced if i told santa the same thing i would get a computer. but every year i would think of some new barbie i wanted instead. finally i got smart and just asked for a computer.

The Commodore 64 was my haven at baording school. It was the best thing around. I got to learn all the flaws in the Ghost's and Goblin's game that loaded off a 3.6 "floppy" disc!!

My folks were way too tight to fork out for a computer whern I was at school, at university i always used the Uni ones and after uni went and internet cafe or used my ex girlfriends one and it wasnt untill Japan that I could afford one and I bought one, the very same one I am typing on now....slow tempermental damn thing it is too....

Atari game machine

C64, ghosts & goblins, Skate or Die etc etc legendary games!

IBM P1 166mhz, damn that was fast!

a Fujitsu note book (crap)

and now my beloved Powerbook!

I was totally addicted to Pacman too back then, I know what you're saying.

My first PC was a 386 (pre-pentium) Windows 3.1 (?). Blisteringly fast ;\)

I had an Apple II and my first game system was a Nintendo. But the PC that started it all was a 486SX 25mhz. 200MB hdd, 2X Cd-Rom, 9600baud modem. Win3.1 - DOS6. How I wish I knew then what I know now.