I try to but the J gyms just don't motivate me.

I can't get pumped with the blarring stretching videos on the telly. And Air cons too. I get way way to hot. what happened to fans?

why those are stand up reasons indeed, but fail to be satisfied in many of the instances when i have been in close proximity to said contraption.

i thought perhaps u could enter some fantasmogorical dreamlike state where u ran thru fields of colours in pursuit of, or fleeing, something of great importance.

if there is no psychadelico headfock i give my vote to the cross country rotary ski gizmod. low impact, all over body work out.

i would even consider using such a thing if it moved.

its a psychological thing. when i run on a treadmill i tend to run for a longer duration as it feels like i havnt gone anywhere (because i havent). if that makes sense at all. im sure its the opposite for alot of people - they like to physically see where they have gone, so prefer running outside.

also the heat and intensity of rain was a big factor in singapore. you just couldnt run outside for any length of time because it is so humid and hot, and it rains so sporadically.

a treadmill also forces you to run. you dont get tempted to stop and take a break.

i try to go a couple of times a week- i like to do stairmaster, yoga, then weights. my gym is super cheap- 150yen per use of the training room. in the winter i tried to go as much as possible just to use the shower bc my sucks!

Yeah i've got my fair share of moles and the like.

But i don't think that those tanning beds are too much better for you than spending time in the sun.

I once went out with a chick who spent too long in one of those tanning beds. She so damn burnt. Everywhere as well, except the soles of her feet. I had no sympathy for her what-so-ever. It was self inflicted, and whats more she paid someone else money for it. Go figure.

been going 3 times a week lately, and running every other day - I am soooo super out of shape right now, and there is only one way. It`s strange to me that the snowboarding season always leaves me in pitiful shape.

Quote:
Originally posted by mikazooki:
ok.. for those that use a treadmill, can u tell me what this device does that ground doesn't do?
#1 And extremely important - It absorbs shock and saves your knees for the ski season

#2 It can incline and decline at will to simulate the hills

#3 You can control your speed accurately and be consistent and monitor progress easily.

#4 it has a place for a water bottle and CD player

#5 Its easier to do interval training

#6 You can enjoy the view of the "lycra hotties" ;\)

#7 You dont stop for traffic lights, cars, pedestrians etc etc

#8 you reduce the inhalation of carcinogens by being in a airconditioned environ

that enough?

so theres a place on the stairmaster too for a water bottle. so the first time i went to this gym i bring in some to stay hydrated . after my workout they told me water was dame in the exercise area. whaaaat??