SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
cal

How many jobs?

How many jobs have you had / or plan to have in your lifetime? I was reading a report that said many workers plan to move jobs about once every 3 years, and very few now stay in the same job for that long.

and u can take long holidays between jobs. i've had 2 years off in the last 5 (since i finished uni). as of this week, this is my 13th month in my current job. a lifetime record for me.

Had 5 real jobs, hopefully not too many more, unless I get one of those pay jumping chances. Fat chance of that though.... \:\(

In this topic, I fit right into the Japanese tradition of only having 1 job during my lifetime. I am still with the same organization I joined the day I graduated from university.

Before Japan:

legal assistant

assistant stock trader

In Japan:

english teacher

proofreader

futures desk clerk

web programmer/developer

..next?

oh i read it wrong before i voted! bugger.

i read how many jobs do you plan to have in the rest of your life time... i missed the "or had" part...

i ticked 2-3 but its more like 5 now i think of it!!

I've had 3 jobs since college, now starting to look around for number 4.

Just nothing to do with teaching English s'all I ask.

2 I guess, if going back to the same one twice only counts as 1.

Going back to a job I'd already quit...

Doesn't the bible say "Truly he is a fool who goes back like a dog to lick up his own vomit"?

\:\)

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.

Latest Community Content