I was fed up with the inferior and prone to hacking "Internet Explorer" a quality piece of work from microsoft.

So I tried Mozilla, it was OK but I then tried Opera which I am hooked on, its so much better once you get used to it. It blocks popups with the need to install extra software.

So what are you browsing with?

Ummm...my browser it not mentioned there.

Safari is my current browser. Has it problems with displaying Japanese fonts every now and then, but otherwise it is great! Have not seen a pop up in over a year!

There was something wrong with my IE a while ago and it crashed every time another window poped up, so I started using netscape. Somehow IE fixed itsself so I use it again. Netscape is a bit greedy with my resounces often using over 20megs when it has a java appalate going.

netscape (based on the mozilla platform), like opera, has popup blockers and tabbed browsing. i couldn't surf without the tabs, often having and working with upwards of 7 webpages at one time.

i use netscape rather than mozilla simply because it supports the mail application which is very convenient.

it is big on the memory, but streamlined versions are available from sillydog .

and for some reasons not to use MS check out why microsoft is bad

I have not used Safari as I do not have the correct OSX version, so I use IE and it is by far the best I have tried on a Mac. NN is slow and chunky and nearly all other browsers do not support internet banking. So far IE is fast and does it all.

As for PC - I also use IE, but it is the default at work and at home I never browse on my PC.

Kamoshika, how is Opera doing on Japanese character display? Normally they release non-Asian versions first, then the localized versions for various languages appear.

Also, will an Opera browser with Japanese language support run on a non-Japanese OS such as US Windows XP?

I suppose I could go to the Opera site to find this out but if you know the answer you can save me a trip. Ta!

I'm currently using IE as well but i have been considering a change for a month or so now because IE kept quitting on me for now apparent reason. Gets bloody annoying after its done it a couple of times in a session.

s_f_g has just dowloaded Safari so i might give that a bash. I've also heard good thins about Opera so i might give that a go as well.

As I thought, most people sticking with the junk ole Bill Gates bundled with his shoddy Windows platform :rolleyes:

IE does the job, but there are better options out there.

Kenta, The thing that is bad about it is, IE is the Browser that has the most loopholes in it, the one that hackers love to attack, have you noticed that every 5 mins windows update is putting out a security patch? IE is a safety liability.

Also IE does nothing to stop pop ups, you need to aquire extra software to do that.

Its cookie control is not very flexible or as tailorable as others.

Its more difficult to clear your "history" (temp files, cookies, history of pages etc) than others.

As Mikazooki said others have internal tabs for multiple browsing windows, rather than on the taskbar (Windows98 anyway)

Other browsers are faster.

Opera has a password magic wand, which remembers the different user name and passwords of all your sites and with one click no typing, you log in.

There are basically more features and better thought out features on Opera (like a rewind to the start of the first page in addition to going back just one page), thats why I am sticking with it.

Badmig I can read Japanese text just fine with opera, no probs.

HAvent tried typing any text yet, havent tried to see if the IME will work......could be my next project

Quote:
Originally posted by IIIII:
The vast majority don't seem to be complaining about it either. ;\)
Yep I know ignorance is bliss.... :p
IE does the job, but people should know there are better products out there that deliver a more enjoyable "surfing" experience.

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it."
René Descartes 1596 - 1650

Actually the thing I love about Opera is when restart it it remembers all the web pages you had open last time and goes straight back to them all, the only thing you do is refresh.

Really handy! I leave a Snow japan window open (and my other favourite go to webpages) all the time and dont need to log on! they always there.

Well I am now using Opera. So far it seems pretty good. Until just now when i pushed the delete button it would take me to the previous page. But it has now stopped doing it. Bloody odd. I originally was typing this message to make a complaint about that "feature", but it's sorted itself out now so it's all good!

\:D