I just flew Air France out of Japan, so even the English movies were dubbed into either French or Japanese..... leaving me to contend with subtitles on what where actually English films. Cant stand subtitles so as an alternative I watched heaps of Charlie Chaplin flicks with no speech. CC films are now my fav type.

Modern Times was the best one I saw. Best movie ever made.

All sorts of films. I like some Hollywood types, when Hollywood movies that are honest they are great. I like the realism of British and Australian films, my knowledge of French and Italian movies is rather on the poor side, shame on me.

But to answer your question, documentaries or 'realist' films (kind of pseudo-documentary style) are my favourite type of genre. Just saw The Pianist directed by Roman Polanski.....horrific.

Unfortunately the monopoly that US conglomerates have on production and distribution is strangling the life out of British movie making. 

i like alot of the movies that are shown at the sundance film festival. i just saw "thirteen" which is quasi documentary, over the weekend and that was an eye opener.

i like movies that make you think, like memento and donnie darko.

i like watching comedy if its with a bunch of friends.

GG - it's hard to put into words. He was definatley the best character in the first two. The way he talks and acts is just different. He's just not the same. It is set a year or a couple of years after the second one so that may account for the change. It maybe that they have tried to make his character more mature.

It's definately not a good change though.

I watched Halloween Ressurection last night - and it was utter drivel. What a travesty? I kinda liked the Halloween movies I had seen (especially the classic first), but this was just so so bad. Avoid it at all costs.

American Pie is funny. I don't mind it, but as long as it's "taken for what it is".

By that I mean that it's a pre-pubescent sneerfest. It's a trivial film, ok to watch when you want to disengage the brain for a while. But in general I like films that are challenging, intellectually and emotionally.

I saw a film called MEN OF HONOUR the other day. Absolute patriotic-back slapping-pile-of sh't!!!

Really made me wanna be ill. confused.gif \:\(