Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
Putting salt on cut apples will stop them oxidizing and going brown. But that's about all that can be said for it...

Sugar on chips? Disgusting.
The horrible thing about it Ocean, I obviously thought it was salt. I'm a salt over sweets kinda guy. I rabidly tore into the fries, put three in my mouth and then spit them out. Sorry to the random Japanese lady they landed on if you're reading..... It wasn't so much it was bad, just such a surprise. Who in the hell puts sugar on chips??? Well, now I know \:\) They still were bad though...

I've had a few nasty shocks with the old salt on apple thing here. Not good. How can that be a good thing?? Sheesh. To spoil the natural taste of an apple.

And never eating the skins of grapes and looking at me like I'm a loon for eating them. Am I going to poison myself or what??

it's supposed to bring out the sweetness (in the case of salt on fruit - try it on watermelon ;\) ) but the fries thing just baffles me. you don't put loads of it on, just a sprinkling. it's definately good with fresh pineapple and this sounds crazy and please don't make fun of me, but salt with crushed fresh chillies is excellent for those tangy/sour fruits. they do it in cambodia :p

I think it's gross too. One time I had one that had so much salt on it I could hardly taste the apple. I think it had been pickling for a few hours before I got to it, and the obasan serving added some fresh salt for good measure. Gross.

its-a-clock. surely no, you're kidding right. on a banana??

talking of bananas - anyone else here like banana sandwiches. squash up a soft banana with a bit of sugar and wait for a while. excellent.