• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called them, and if what I understand is correct you can reach the Murodo plateau from the Nagano side but from the other side they confirmed that it only opens on Sunday the 17th and that Saturday the 16th will not yet be opened to reach the plateau from the other side... \:\(

Well let's see what FT says as well

I'm not really into paying the Nagano side fees

But I will if that is what the mob wants. I really really really want to get into this area in winter like conditions however what they charge on the Nagano side makes me almost want to go elsewhere.

Maybe we can hit some big lines out of Hakuba...

Wow, indeed, pretty friggin expensive from the Nagano side. I think Hakuba is starting to sound more attractive by the minute. We can always go the w/e after to tateyama. Toque you also mentionned some other valley where we could go to?

On a side note, it is a small world: just went out to the Zojoji temple (tokyo) to enjoy the cherry blossom, and who do I run into? Sven, wearing a suit! What are the odds of that happening? He has no internet access at the moment except at work, and since he started only 3 days ago he is hesitant to start surfing the net right away... lol.gif Anyway, he sends his regards to all on the forum n will try to log on at some stage.

toque ill call you I figured that the stupid thing would open 16 cause 17 is a sunday oh well. we can go to hakuba no worries if you want to go there im sure we could put something together. speak to you tomorrow today i had work

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
This is from the Lonely Planet hiking guide

4720 yen round trip from Tateyama Station on the Toyama side

11720 yen round trip from Ogisawa on the Nagano side
Yeah this route has costed expensive but worth it, I think - exactly I have only been to Kurobe dam.
Here's their tarif chart
http://www.alpen-route.com/ticket_counters/tiket_list.html

If Japanese bothers you, you can try a page below then click 'table of fares'
http://www.alpen-route.com/english/index.html#

Hello hello, just checking in after a bit of a break from SJ due to work (or at least, the crap that needed to be sorted before work and then not wanting to be caught browsing SJ in my first week : \:\) )

Interestingly enough I got to go to Tokyo today with all the other new guys at work (a kind of orientation excercise - see the tokyo office), and of all the grillions of people in Tokyo, I happened to bump into SerreChe \:\)

I got the word that there were ski plans in the works, so I peeked in to have a look and found a couple of you guys talking about me behind my back \:\) For the record I am am a 200cm swedish dude \:D

It sounds like next weekend is gonna be good fun for all that get there... unfortunately, I'm unlikely to be on of those... I'll be moving house. Unless there's some very strange weather, my next snow might have to come next season.

Anyway, just giving a 'good luck' to all for the upcoming skiing. Sorry about the bike etc Toque, just be sure to eat some snow off your skis for me next week.

For anyone interested, I'll post a copy of an email I sent a few days ago that explains what the job I've just started is, and what it's been like so far...

I wanted to go into the Karasawa valley via Kamikochi but I'm pretty sure it opens on GW. And for a weekend trip it is almost to far with all that gear. More that 15 km each way. 11 of which are pretty flat. But that's a long way for a weekend trip.

I also want to ski 2400 metre Yakedake. The access should be pretty good by now. I skied it this time last year in a fairly easy day. We can get to it from either Takayama or Matsumoto

FT, Toque,

apologies but I cannot make it next week-end. Did not go anywhere this w/e 'cos wife n I had to go to doctor apointment. Turns out the guy cancelled on us saturday morning. The earliest next one we could get was next w/e which means that the tateyama (or elsewhere) plan has just gone down in flame. That's 2 week-ends back to back down the tube...

Looks like FT u might be done for this season if the wrath of your better half is sustained (I sympathize with that)! Toque, barring any further unexpected surprises I should be good to go from the 23rd / 24th of april.

Funny how these things have a way of falling apart

No problem though

I'll figure something out to keep myself busy this weekend.

I had a pretty good tour for turns on Saturday. Got 3 runs and about a 1000m vertical. The weather was amazing and the snow for the run 1 and 2 was pretty good. The 3rd run turned sloppy and difficult but I had a great time.

Toque,

as they say, when it rains it pours...

Really wish I could go.

Not bad 1000m vert.

Where did you go to do that, somewhere around your local hill?

What time did you clock in your first run and your last one?

Toque where did you tour?

The GW week is a stupid monday at work what is with that BS? Why they didnt link the whole thing together is beyond stupidity.

I really want one more day of park sking but I could change my mind so Ill keep in touch. Sunday I have to meet the inlaws to pick up gear and stuff. now Im getting a tent, bag, mat, campons and 1 ice pick, do you want anything. I thought the ice pick would come in handy if the line turns to ice half way down and I need to stop and get myself back up the mountain.