Knackered already and day 2 is only about to start. I've decided to stay up tonight with a friend or two we're just about to break open the wine. \:D

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What this precious????? England lost 2-1 lol.gif oh dear poor Engrish Hobbitses destroyed by the the All Blacks in the Rugby and now going down to Froggies in football. gollum gollum! :p

We wuz mugged!!! mad.gif Oh dear. It was all going far too well at 90 minutes though wasn't it. Tempting something to happen. What a turnaround.

And can someone please do something about that far French git who always goes to France matches strangling a poor chicken in the air. That always gets me annoyed.

Someone should yes get hold of Chicken Mans throat and do that to him.

Not much you can add about that last few minutes. I'm still thinking.

Man I was so gutted.

Still, we just have to beat the croats and the swiss and we will go through - maybe meet the french again in the final. The fact that the croats and swiss drew is good for us too.

It was good to see the papers (well bbc online anyway) not laying into the team and blaming anyone. I must admit I laid into Heskey a bit after that first goal went in. I feel well dodgy about having James in goal but what can you do - shame Chris Kirkland is injured.

This comment made me chuckle. Pretty much what I was thinking:

--------------

Before I explode with frustration and anger can anyone out there tell me why, WHY? did the turnip/Swede take Rooney off and put the gimp Heskey on??? I can imagine the discussion between Sven and McLaren..... "Rooneys on fire Sven...

Yes, I believe so... warm Heskey up will you.

If anyone out there can simply explain this I will sleep tonight. If not then some words of comfort would be needed.

Finally is there ANYONE out there that believes Heskey is remotely capable of playing football at international level? or has EVER shown that he can play at this level or displayed ANYTHING during the last season to indicate the faintest hint that he should be selected above other forwards?

Oh and by the way GREAT CHALLENGE JAMESY you nearly got away with that one!!!

lol.gif

Well, our attacking midfield proved they can all defend, so that's one less question mark over the team.

I thought the eight men behind the ball approach was a bit defeatist, but I suppose it worked against Argentina and the lads almost pulled it off again. I won't blame Beckham for the pen since Rooney should have played in Vassell and was a little fortunate to be pulled down.

It was a shame for Gerrard because he'd been knocking it around nicely before we scored.

I only watched the first half of Croatia-Switzerland but neither looked capable of stringing two passes together.

Croati-Switzerland were crap indeed, I watched most of it (and was very bored, even flicking over to F1 - that desperate ;\) !). We really SHOULD beat both of them. (Perhaps I shouldn't have said that!)

The lets defend our 1-0 lead approach really pisses me off though. Apart from the fact that it looks crap, its almost tempting fate, especially against a quality side like France.

Yeah it was really making me nervous. Also, the ten men behind the ball thing just looks crap. Its hardly what you expect of a would-be championship winning team.

You cant blame Beckham for the penalty cos it was sweetly hit, it was just one of those things were the keeper got lucky. Considering that Beckham was VERY lucky indeed to score the penalty against Argentina (I'm sure he scuffed it rather than placing it dead centre on purpose), it kind of balances out. I dont think Owen or Gerrard can be trusted to take the pens after the amount of times they missed this season for Liverpool.

And I am still saying 'COME BACK SHEARER'!!! " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

shearer. yes.

It's just not good enough is it the defensive game? As you said, not a championship winning side doing that all the time.

Owen. Gerrard. Becks. All having penalty mares recently. So who is out penalty taker? Seems England has some kind of bad thing going on with penalties. Whats with that then?

I read something yesterday, said Bartez was studying Becks penalties and pretty much knew that was his preferred place (whether thats true or not I'm not sure). They were teammates as well.... anyhow, it was a good save.

Good them aren't they? \:D

Watching many of the games bobby? I've videos last nights, going to watch Germany vs Holland tonight though - that should be worth a watch,

Here you go, it was Silverstre who said that....

Mikael Silvestre says Fabien Barthez did his homework on David Beckham's penalty taking after watching numerous videos of the England captain in action from the spot.

With 72 minutes gone in England's clash with the French, Silvestre brought down Wayne Rooney in the area to give Beckham the chance to put England 2-0 up following Frank Lampard's earlier goal.

But Beckham's former United team-mate denied him the chance after guessing the right way.

"We had a look at all the penalties he took and he was always taking them this way," reveals Silvestre. "So Fabien did a good job. He went to his right and it was a great save."

Well I dont have wowow and my tv antenna has fallen down so the picture quality is crap. I can go to the missus familys place to watch games at the weekends though. Hopefully my antenna will get sorted out before the swiss game.

I thought it was interesting that Zidane put his penalty in the same place as Beckhams.

Also, did anyone see Zidane kiss Beckham on the cheek fremch-style before the game? I was wondering if that was a bit of an intimidation/imposition tactic. It turned out to be quite the kiss of death - I wonder if the papers back home picked up on that.

Italy were pretty crap as well last night.

Hmm. perhaps everyone's saving their peak form for later on. Or not.

I remember when I was watching the England game.

Somehow I just felt that Beckham was going to not score from the spot. And somehow I just knew Zidane was going to score. wakaranai.gif mad.gif

Excuses for England (I found somewhere):

1) We missed Rio

2) Rooney too young/inexperienced

3) Beckham wasn't fully fit...( - as usual )

4) Too many domestic games, no midseason break.

5) Steven Gerard runnig around like a headless chicken so much he actually ran out of the stadium 5 minutes into the France game and was last seen running over the spanishborder.

6) M.Owen is just plain and simply SH*T

7)...The grass was to long

8)...The grass was too short

9) The referee.

10) A freak deflected goal.

11) A cruel draw for the quarters.

12) Stifling heat.

13) Russian linesman.

14) Leaves on the lines.

15) Surprised by little known french player Henry - 'Where did he come from?'

16) Switzerland are a much improved side.

17) We never win on penalties!

18) "Over reliance on Gerrard, Owen and Beckham"

19) "Spastic Diamond Formation"

20) Rebecca Loos

21) The wrong kind of Snow

Here's one, courtesy of the Sun:

Tight boots KO training

DAVID BECKHAM, Sol Campbell and Steven Gerrard missed England training yesterday because of blistered feet.

A combination of scorching temperatures and new, tight-fitting boots meant all three suffered painful blisters.

Beckham wears new boots for every game — so they are not broken in before he plays.

lol.gif