And thats what we got.

A much better performance all round clap.gif

Still wondering whats up with Beckham and Owen, they just don't look right at the mo though Owen was a bit better in this game. Actually there was a pic in a magazine here in Japan of Becks with his shirt off showing off his "gut" - and I noticed that he is larger than he has been at the moment. Perhaps its true that Real don't train so much? ;\)

Good for Scholesy getting a goal for England at last.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that was fun to watch.

Happier now (tho as you said Becks just ain't seem to be what he used to be \:\( )

Very tired today.

Yes we kicked ass! Cracking game too.

Note Scholesey popped up when needed! ;-)

I was really impressed with Cole and Neville, I thought they both had great games. James pulled out a few decent stops too. Hopefully Beckham, Gerrard and Owen are saving themselves for the next one.

I was hoping we'd get Greece, but I guess to win a tournie you have to beat the best. Its not gonna be easy at all, I thought Portugal looked really good against Spain. However, we look like we are scoring goals for fun at the moment so hopefully we will be aggresive like I was saying before and just out-score them.

Scholesy always pops up. Hes a class act.

However, Becks and Owen did not, the 2 we were talking about before. ((Perhaps they are not needed.))

Good game. Its good to see the team playing well. cool.gif

On the subject of Beckham. He is actually looking noticeably "bigger" than he has in the past. And he basically peaked before his last year at United. His downhill started in his last year at Utd.....

he's saving himself...mark my words! he's gonna run things against Portugal. Don't forget its him vs Figo...

Battle of the Number 7s!!!

If you insist bobby12 ;\)

Just curious, why do you think he hasn't been running things until now?

Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned thinking that these outrageously-paid "superstar" professionals should be giving 100% ALL of the time they're on the pitch..... :p

Here here scouser. They should be giving their all all all all for the full time they're out there. Enjoyed the game last night though. Next up Portugal. I wonder how they'll cope with Ronnie Ronaldo.

Perhaps the England team will learn from the Ronnie training gif

ronaldo.gif

Just found this:

Wayne Rooney's five-star performance for England against Croatia has added £20m to his transfer value. (Daily Star)

So whats his total now? $140 or thereabouts? lol.gif lol.gif

And an interesting article on the "decline" of Becks:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,13750-1154041,00.html

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
Actually there was a pic in a magazine here in Japan of Becks with his shirt off showing off his "gut" - and I noticed that he is larger than he has been at the moment.
He needs a couple of mistresses to get him back into shape.

As part of his school project, a friend of a friend once interviewed Ian Botham. When he asked how Botham kept in shape, Botham replied with a completely straight face,

"Well, isn't it obvious? Shagging."

Well its well known I am indifferent most of the time to soccer, but I have to admit that I am rather enjoying this tournament. Hard not to get caught up in the hype and be infected by the passion ;\)

How about Italy? got shafted by Sweden and Denmark, ahahahahahahaha. good job.

Saw a funny story about Rooney seems Serena Williams is lusting after him eek.gif watch out Wayne she will snap you in half!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/3830299.stm

Just read this on BBC Online:

Quote:
James admitted he had not seen a video of Zinedine Zidane's free-kicks before the French captain scored the crucial equaliser in the opening defeat against France.

But the Manchester City goalkeeper insists he will be well briefed before Thursday's quarter-final.

He said: "I will study Luis Figo's free-kicks. We will do our homework.

eek.gif

I would have thought studying videos would be one of the most basic things a goalkeeper would be doing before a big game! What do they do all day!?!? Thats just unprofessional. Bartez saved his Beckham penalty because he had studied video. Basically, that was the difference between winning and losing against France!

Oh OK, it was the FAs fault....

Quote:
FA defends Zidane video

James was beaten by Zidane's free-kick in stoppage time

The Football Association has defended the video which they produced to help David James against France.

"There was no footage of (Zinedine) Zidane's free-kicks. I'll have to have a word with whoever put that together," England goalkeeper James revealed.

But an FA spokesman said: "We taped all France's recent games, and highlighted all the significant set-pieces.

"The fact is there were no free-kicks by Zidane during that period that were at all threatening."

Quote:
We will do our homework
Cheers mate.

What a darl. Isn't it sweet him going out of his way to do that for us? I'm choking up here.... wakaranai.gif

It also said in that article that Bartez said 'Beckham always kicks to the left, normally lower, but always left'. If you think back, thats where the Argentina keeper dived too back in the World Cup, but luckily Beckham totally scuffed it and it went dead centre :p

It will be very interesting to see where he places the next one if we get another penalty.

I see Italy are out and crying foul play!! Anyone watch?

----

Carraro cries fix

Tuesday, 22 June 200

by Nadia Carminati

Italian Football Federation president Franco Carraro has accused Sweden and Denmark of a carve-up to send the Azzurri out of Euro 2004 at the group stage.

The Scandinavian duo knew a 2-2 draw would be sufficient to send themselves into the last eight, irrespective of Italy's result against Bulgaria.

Mattias Jonson's 89th minute goal ensured the meeting in Oporto finished 2-2, rendering Italy's 2-1 success meaningless as they finished third level on points with Sweden and Denmark.

Prior to the contest, the Italians had been fearful that the Scandinavians would fix the result and Carraro has no doubts that this is what happened, despite the match not being played in a manner suggestive of a pre-arranged agreement.

"There isn't any doubt that the result between Denmark and Sweden had been decided," claimed Carraro.

"It appears that the two sides have aimed to have a draw.

"The evidence is difficult to obtain but it's in no doubt that we have been eliminated with five points.

"Certainly, we have played in a decent way but we haven't done enough. We have absolutely performed under expectations.

"On paper our group wasn't so difficult. But really Denmark and Sweden have reached the quarter finals without having beaten us."

There is now likely to be a widespread call for Azzurri coach Giovanni Trapattoni to be axed but Carraro is making no knee-jerk decisions.

He continued: "On Friday there will be a Federal Council meeting and obviously we will talk about everything and we will examine the situation."

I have no sympathy for Italy, but the rules seem a little bizarre.

Of course, no tie-breaker rules are going to be perfectly fair in every situation, but the current head-to-head rules mean that it didn't matter how many goals Italy scored against Bulgaria if there was a high-scoring draw between the others. In the end Italy won their Bulgaria game by the lowest margin and would have gone out even on traditional goal difference. However, I find it strange that under the present rules, they would have gone out even if they had bettered the Swedish performance against Bulgaria and won 6-0.

They have nothing to complain about, so they just look like little whiners. It was all totally fair. They should just say nothing and leave with dignity.