Two things on my mind:

1. When did "price" become a "price point"?

2. How do you boys get the time to touch the lovely soft of hair of your pretty girlfriends if you spend all your spare time playing with a kids toy? Lets not forget the pleasures of holding her hand, telling funny stories to each other, sitting is silence with her and enjoying your environment, cooking tomato soup with her, etc etc etc ;\)

I suppose these pocket games do serve a purpose in international travel. I know one gaijin forum member who bought his huge x-box to Japan for his 5 month visit. Lets go to Japan and play computer games that I have been playing in my home country!!!

Ahh, I am like a broken record on this topic so go ahead, have fun with your 6 inch screen and let me know if your girlfriends get tired of you playing with your pixels ;\) ;\) ;\)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I mostly do this (and other) forum(s) at work. How the hell do you think I can get through the day otherwise?

What I want to know is how can Clubhead only have something like 100 posts yet he joined all the way back in Oct 2000???? Either he has a very good Playstation or a really cute GF (or a super busy job).

Someone should start a post on him.

Quote:
Originally posted by JellyBelly:
The whole point of these things (I think) is you can pick them up for 10 mintues for a quick blast of fun. On a train/bus/plane, waiting for something
No man, that is what your GF's arse is for.
 Quote:
a kids toy
I was reading somewhere that the main market for Playstation was 20s-mid30s. The PSP seems targeted at the same.

Nintendo was the kiddie market (harldy surprising when most of their games seem to involve Mario, Wario, Yoshi, Peach, pokemon whatever)

I'm with you on that, I dont like Sony. Its all form over function, high price to trick the buyer into thinking its higher quality.

Having said that, they have made a 4gb mp3 player that is only 40grams which looks pretty cool. I think iPod is the emporers new clothes because its unneccesarily big - do you really need 40gb of music? surely 4gb is enough to last you a week and then you can just change the songs via your PC. Id much rather have a tiny one that is only 4gb, than a big one with 40gb.

Had one of these on display in the local CD/movie/games shop. It looks very cool as everyone else has said. First impressions are good. It was attracting quite a crowd too. And they had none on sale - sold out.

Not got any problems with mine, it's just a big bright very sexy screen, amazing how bright the thing is. Ridge Racers is pretty good too, almost PS2 quality - not bad for a release game. I'm seem to be getting about 4.5 hours out of the battery, not bad at all considering it's a high speed racer. cool.gif

A friend of mine got one on the first day by mail order (the sony site).

It didn't start up, no power.

They sent another one.

That one had 10 permenant white pixels on the display which isn't very good.

They sent another one. This 3rd one seems to be ok.

If lots of people had troubles like him, they'll have had a lot to deal with the last week or so.

• 1 month later...

Got me mits on one of these. Incredible screen as everyone seems to say - but it really is true. It just looks so good much more than on any picture. You just have to see it.

It really blows the GBA/DS out of the water this thing, if the games are decent I think it will really damage the nintendo handhelds.