It's getting hotter and hotter! I'll spend lots of time at my favorite beach this summer.

If you want to know peaceful local beaches around Zushi, Miura, Kamakura area, I'm willing to tell you where to go and maybe you'll find me there. There are many nice beaches you can expect beautiful sunset and fireworks. Sorry, you can't surf in this area but you can enjoy windsurfing, sailing dinghy, sea kayaking.

Have a nice summer!

;\)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slow,

Come down and grace us with your presence in Kobe. Ill take you out and show ya around... eventhough I dont know of many places \:D

Im headin to the beach in a few minutes!!! Yahooooooooooooooo, whoooo whooooo!

You said ya dont cook for one, how bout two? ;\)

Everything just shrinks right up eh toque?

The rivers should be getting pretty warm by now the melt is all gone. Ill head down to the local kayak hole toady but I fear the water wont be so high.

Yuki, thanks for the invitation!

I would love to go to Kobe and it'll be nice if I know someone there. Cooking for two is much better than one. Can we cook together? ;\)

Toque, I was brought up near the ocean, so I know how to enjoy my local area.

But I love mountains, too. I just don't know how to enjoy it yet other than skiing in winter. Swimming in the river sounds very nice. If I live near the moutain, I would explore the natural beauty of mountain more.

Slow, I was down in Hayama on the weekend and it was really quite pleasant. We were right near the Emperors beach "shack" and there were policemen everywhere. Where do you recommend in the area for pleasant swimming with a member of the opposite sex? I believe they are called "dates"!

woywoy,

The beach just in front of the emperors cottage is Isshiki beach and you can find me there. This beach used be very local. There are some cozy tropical beach houses. If you want to feel local, go to Blue moon. They have nice live events every week. Actually, I'll be there on the 28th to see fireworks with my friends.(This is not the best place for fireworks but we go there because less people.) We are having small picnic with wine, cheese, very nice bread from Hayama(if I can get). So, if anyone here is free on that night, you are welcomed.

The area for pleasant swimming with a member of the opposite sex? I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean.

Thanks for this thread, Ms Slow.

Strangely, I was also down at Zushi last weekend with friends who have a boat at Sajima Marina. It is really a good way to spend the weekend.

I should make plan for a snall boat/yacht!

Much to do today - have to come back to this later.

Siren, you show up here, too!

Are you going to tell me how you are happy with your GF again? You have to know that I'm a single woman looking for the right man. ;\) ;\)

Anyway, Sajima is almost Miura area and famous for really tasty langoustine(Dublin bay prawn?). So if possible, talk to fishermen there and ask what kind of fish they have. Most of them go to Tsukiji directly and sold very good price. Sajima has very small marina. My friend used to work there. I think it's the cheapest marina in this area. But you can find untouched coast line and it's nice area to explore.

There is a marina called Seabornia in Miura, 20minutes away from Sajima by car. This marina has very old and beautiful British sail boat. You can find it in the offing sometime. It'll be great if you charter this beautiful for your GF! I'm looking forward to your kind invitation to a party on a ship. \:D

Here are a few pics of beaches within a 15 drive of my house.

Naikai.jpg

Cleft.jpg

Kashima.jpg

It's still a bit cold to be jumping right in as I found out when I jumped out of my boat last Saturday.

Ah, beaches, I wish it didn't take me at least 2 hours to get to one! Those pics look great! Shikoku's so beautiful. I'm surprised the water's still cold. A few summers ago I was in Komatsu and the beaches over that side were really nice. I have a friend with a boat in Izu who's invited us down, though that's not really beach. Slow, I'm might come down there with you one day to cool off, though I probably won't have time for a few more weeks. We should all make a day and hang out. Aren't there any surf beaches around your way?

By the way Slow, the lotuses have started flowering, you might want to go down and check them out.

Hi sunrise,

How's your music work going? I was just thinking to ask you to go to beach together. Can you surf, sunrise? There are some surfing points in this area but the wave isn't so high and looks boring. I never heard they had big enough wave even before typhoon. If you want to surf, Kamakura has better point. I know it's pretty far away from your place but please let me know when you have time.

Thanks for the information about lotus, I might go to Kamakura museum, which has peaceful cafe and I can sit and see the lotus from the balcony. If I don't have time, I will go to Ueno park.

Yuki, you are sweet. I'll let you know when I have time to visit you in Kobe. Maybe Siren will invite us to a party on a ship and we can meet on that day. ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:

It's still a bit cold to be jumping right in as I found out when I jumped out of my boat last Saturday.
COLD down there?
Up here on the pacific side I am now surfing in my boardies! U on the Japan sea side?

I'm on the Inland Sea. If I had bothered to swim a little ways, it would have been fine, but I wasn't in the mood, so I flopped back into the boat. I think I probably 'chilled' there for a while as we dudes say.

It is Setonaikai, isn't it? I like Setonaikai, beautiful. It's very different from Pacific ocean, many islands, very calm, almost like a big lake. The fish called Mamakari there is tasty.

Dunno about the Setonaikai being beautiful Slow. Some places like Setoda or Omishima definitely are but as a whole its like one big ocean of garbage and polluted water. I never enjoyed swimming in the Setonaikai around Hiroshima.

We always went out to Hamada or if we had time to surf out to Shikoku. Hamadas beaches are beautiful even if they are poor for surfing.

Yep, I heard water isn't clean there. But I was impressed by the view from ferry.

I reseached which beach has the cleanest water in this year.

Great! My local beach Akiya is in the high quality of water list this year! Shizuoka has many clean water beaches. hmmm, I have to explore Izu better sometime.

Some of the petrochemical complexes around the Inland Sea are tragically ugly, and parts of Okayama around Kurashiki are shocking to look at. Also there are plenty of those ghastly tetrapods wherever you look. However, there are still a lot of beautiful places, and efforts are being made to preserve them.

The water quality around Matsuyama is apparently quite good, if the local news is to be believed. slow, do you know of any websites that have indexes of that sort of thing?

Yes - tragically the Setonaikai often resembles a marine dump. and what you can see is only the tip of it all. Some extra-ordinary readings of invisible nasties like dioxins, PCB's, benzene etc etc etc.

And perhaps the greatest tradgedy is that it is promoted as the "Great Marine National Park" and people believe that.

On a positive note, some recent efforts are being made to remedy this situation - but too few and the govt's interest is duplicitous to say the least.

O-11 - Ehime uni marine/environmental biology dept is somewhat famous both here and abroad and has been responsible for some leading research into these problems. The head prof. is a man with a mission - with the goods. Sorry names and details elude me at the mo and I'm on the way out, but a quick search should turn up some interesting stuff. \:\)

snobee, I'll check that out, thanks.

slow, thanks, that's interesting. What happened in Okayama? eek.gif 5 AA beaches last year and none this year. It looks like somebody was very careless... Most places showing slight declines in quality, and Wakayama seems to have lost a significant number of beaches altogther. eek.gif

The beach where I took the last photo is here;

http://map.yahoo.co.jp/pl?nl=33.58.47.804&el=132.46.25.251&la=1&fi=1&sc=4 and the others were up the coast a bit.

I went to the beach again yesterday and the water temperature is comfortable for swimming now. As I was lolling about in my boat and scanning the billows for sharks, it struck me what a good idea it would be if Japan introduced nudist beaches. And then I thought, maybe they have them already. Better ask slow.

slow, do you know of any good nudist beaches in Japan? I'd like to lose my tan lines...

Ocean,

I have heard there is a nudist beach in Zushi.

I think I know where it is. On the route 134, you can find a very old van in a small space beside the road.

I think it is a hotdog stand. You can down to the beach from there. The sea level there is very low from the road and nobody can see people on the beach.

My friend told me he found this beach from his boat. All men were nude.

Would you like to go to this GAY beach, Ocean?

I'm very curious to know if it is true or not. \:\)

> Would you like to go to this GAY beach, Ocean?

Pop in for some 'Zushi sushi'? Er, no thanks.

But I'll lend you my blow up boat and you can float past at a safe distance to see if you can spot any females there.

If you wanted to play nudism, you'd have to make very sure you got sunscreen of the appropriate strength. Ebi-furai sushi is not appealing.

So just how interested are you slow? I'm sure you'd provide us with a very interesting report...