I have recently found out that a good girl-friend of mine back home is getting married. She met her soon-to-be husband just 2 months ago. eek.gif This is very unlike her. It seems a bit bonkers to me. Got me thinking about these things. What about the married people here - how long after you met / started dating your spouse* did you tie the knot?

(* what a horrid sounding word)

Knew my wife from junior high, but never hooked up until my 21st birthday,we were always in different countries after school.I actually ditched an old girlfriend to hook up with her (felt like a bastard for a while)but we would have got married 1 or 2 months after we re-met but we were too poor and wanted a good kiwi wedding. We waited about 2 years, and have now been happily married for 2 3/4 years. clap.gif

together 3 years and then got married... been married for 3 years now... we kinda knew for a while we would prolly get married, but there was no rush...

captain stag says, if you don't know if you should get married after 3 years with somebody, then you probably shouldn't...

A mate of mine met a hooker in a club and they were married within 3 months, but the rush was really to help out with her, Australian visa rather than being deported. Been together for 4 years now and very happy. Although they have both put on a little weight. Another happy story clap.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Shimba:

captain stag says, if you don't know if you should get married after 3 years with somebody, then you probably shouldn't...
Shimba.... where were ya when i needed this advice a long time ago??? ;\)

Yes I'm looking forward to it and meeting the special man! its going to be a way-too-busy back home stay though. \:\(

my wife (of 3 yrs) and I were with each other for 5 yrs before we got properly hitched (in an Indo style ceromony far, far away from a church) overlooking Uluwatu. Had about 20 family and friends from all over the world. One of the nicest days of my life.

P.S. haven't put on any weight since then either....... ;\)

1 year was always my rule.

if I could manage a year and still be happy, then I would do it!

So I stuck by my guns and it was a year and 3 months when we did the "registration" at the ward office then 6 months later in Indo in a special place with only a few of our select family and friends. like SOC said a very special day for us too.