I particularly like the recent ones from

The Daily Yomiuri (stick up bottom, perhaps)

Across Travellers (What A Bargain!)

No 1 (whats that guys name)

The National Azabu Supermarket (oh so rich voiceover)

Hilarious!

clap.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my cable company here has just switched from BBC to CNN (because of sooo many requests???) and now I'm seeing all these goooby ads that you folk have mentioned.

Kriiist o' miteee - some of them make the little country town back home TV station ads (Aust.) seem like pure gems.

How lo can it go. \:\(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The new Across Travellers one is really poor. The one with the (I think) secretary being called by the guy to book a trip and they bump into each other in the travel bureau. So bad. So bad.

The Yomiuri one is so wack, especially the dude with the beard who's supposed to be the boss. Most advertising here is unintelligent song and dance rubbish. It seems like the companies hold their customers in contempt when such shitty advertising is made for such a large market.

Quote:
Originally posted by Davo:
It seems like the companies hold their customers in contempt when such shitty advertising is made for such a large market.
made for the market?

Probable scenario... marketing team puts together an ad. Boss bins it and has them go with a brain fart he had on the train coming to work... all the workers too scared to challenge it... and so the cycle continues
lol.gif :rolleyes:

> Boss bins it and has them go with a brain fart he had on the train coming to work

That's a very offensive way to talk about your boss!

I'm getting just a little tired of gacchiri hoken 'reality TV' ads in their various forms. They seem to go on forever, especially those dirt-cheap 'telephone call from a trusted family member' ads with a panning shot of some faceless Japanese suburb.

The ones masquerading as a quiz show where the compere asks an insurance-related question then lectures the audience on premiums could almost be funny, if only they weren't.

Some people seem to forget that not all ads are made for all people. Just because you don't like them, it doesn't mean that they are not effective in the way they are made to be. On the other hand it is sometimes very hard to believe that some of them out there could even begin to appeal to anyone.

If you hate TV advertisements, you can quite easily build your own PVR (Personal Video Recorder), which is essentially a computer that captures incoming Digital/Analogue TV signals and records them on a hard-disk for playback.

The really cool part is you can configure it to completely ignore commercials when recording, or even stop them from appearing on your TV while watching in normal time.

It's similar to 'Tivo' in the US, only you don't pay a subscription fee, and you can hack it to do whatever you want (whereas Tivo are in bed with the advertising companies).

Very cool concept:

Build your own PVR

Where Business is a Pleasure - some crappy hotel ad on CNN.

And I am going to throw the TV out the window if I hear "Malaysia Truly Asia" one more time. It is seriously getting annoying.