The Ultimate FOOTBALL Thread (04/05)

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you what. I'm getting fed up of United not apparently being able to score despite having a more than impressive attacking team on paper. I mean, what's going on!?! wakaranai.gif (WEll, got a few ideas like keep on changing the lineup, playing players out of position etc.)

And you're not playing that well either, giggsy. :rolleyes: :p ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by giggsy:
The fool. Problem is he probably won't get as bad a sentence as he should.
Mutu seems to be a pit of a prick but he shouldn`t get too severe a sentence. It`s a bit of coke not a performance enhancing drug.

Am I missing something? There used to be a funny Rumours column on the Guardians footie site, but I can't find it anymore. It might be right there in my face but for some reason I'm missing it. And it was an interesting read. Any other readers of the page...has it gone?

Seems like becks has got off because of "insufficent evidence". lol.gif lol.gif

"The FA has opted not to punish David Beckham over his admission he deliberately got booked against Wales because of "insufficent evidence"."

That must mean he really is brainy!!

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
Am I missing something? There used to be a funny Rumours column on the Guardians footie site, but I can't find it anymore. It might be right there in my face but for some reason I'm missing it. And it was an interesting read. Any other readers of the page...has it gone?
Used to be a reader of it but have moved onto http://www.football365.com/ You can follow in detail the new and wonderful ways Mutu has discovered to make himself look like a prick :rolleyes:

You'll be the ones being beaten, not us. You'll see. As long as we play this line-up:

----------------------Not-O Shea----------------------

--Not-O Shea---Not-O Shea--Not-O Shea--Not-O Shea-

--Not-O Shea---Not-O Shea--Not-O Shea-Not-O Shea-

---------------Not-O Shea--Not-O Shea--------------

And

----------------------Not-Kleberson----------------------

--Not-Kleberson---Not-Kleberson--Not-Kleberson--Not-Kleberson-

--Not-Kleberson---Not-Kleberson--Not-Kleberson-Not-Kleberson-

---------------Not-Kleberson--Not-Kleberson--------------

How about....

----------------------Lehman----------------------

--Lehman---Lehman--Lehman--Lehman-

--Lehman---Lehman--Lehman--Lehman-

---------------Lehman--Lehman--------------

another stunning mid week chokefest by THE Arsenal, second round this year then....?????

Cheers Scouse

Good to be back on the forum. Not so good to back in Blighty!!!!!! Does anyone here have any suggestions for where an English language teacher with a UCLES TEFL certificate and 1 years experience can go for a good time!!!???? My hitlist so far includes:

Czech Republic

Estonia, Lituania or Latvia

Spain.....

As you can see Europe is the domain where I'd like to stay. But I'm open to ideas.....

Madrid`s great worked there for three months before coming out here. Some good money to be made in in-house business English.

Heard great things about poland also.

Just head out to a few places for a holiday and check out what job possibilities are there. At the worst you`ll have a blinding trip!

Found this on the guardian website - makes a good read as to what has changed and to the amount of things i`m now completely clueless about since coming here...

"What the world was like when Arsenal last lost in the league

On May 9 2003, when Leeds beat Arsenal 3-2 atHighbury to hand Manchester United the title:

There was still "plenty of evidence" of WMDs in Iraq.

Current world No1 Steve Harmison was ranked only the 49th best bowler in the world.

Britney Spears hadn't even been married once.

If you walked into a pub and trilled "I'm the only gay in village" in a cod-Welsh accent, nobody laughed.

Nobody was a "chav". Not even chavs.

You couldn't give away a poncho.

Roman Abramovich was still wondering what to do with Siberia's petro-dollar wealth .

Conversations in the workplace were limited because nobody had yet seen The Office Christmas Special.

Nobody had heard of Rebecca Loos. Or Faria Alam.

The World Cup meant Bobby, Nobby and Alf - not Jonny, Jonno and Sir Clive.

Abi Titmuss, Sienna Miller, Franz Ferdinand, McFly and Scissor Sisters had yet to be invented."

ponchos confused.gif

yeah i cant wait - i really think man utd are gonna win so I wanna go and put a bet on it if I get time. I hear arsenal are the big favorites, but I think the have less incentive to win than Man Utd in some ways, despite the big 50 thing.

Yes yes yes.

The Turning Point of the Season, perhaps cool.gif

You know when they announce a man of the match - so who decides that then??