The Ultimate FOOTBALL Thread (04/05)

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by rach:
Oh yeah and Viera is just a stinking cheat and should be banned for 20 games.
What did he do? I don't know, I am a big picture man, the team as a whole. Petty details are for women.

Living in JJ Town, you should support the Yids.

Admittedly a glamour and pretty boy club in their time, their glory days are well and truly behind them. Walk from Seven Sisters to White Hart Lane and you certainly won't see any "glamour". I think they still run out to Chaz'n'Dave, and to the outsider, they've got enough of the "Cor Blimey! Strike a Light! Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner" factor for comic value, without heading into Eastenders/West Ham levels of overkill.

For your typical non-league kicking match, Barnet FC are only a couple of stops up the Northern Line. You can still stand at non-league football, which is how football should be watched.

Just a few comments there from your typically cynical Northern observer.

But the message is, support the Hotspurs my friend! I wouldn't wish them on anyone in it for the long term, but you should be able to hack them for a couple of seasons and still see the funny side. I saw them play Oldham in around 1997, and they ran out to Chas and Dave singing "Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur". It was ferking class!

With Crystal Palace, you've got the advantage that every goal and every victory will be celebrated hard, but for the casual observer, you've got more to get your teeth into with the Yids. Far more comic value.

Supporting certain teams is like a penance, but if you can treat the whole thing as a laugh, you're onto a winner. If you want purgatory, get seriously into some perennial underachiever like Man City or even Newcastle. No wonder they say it's grim up North.

Bollocks. Admittedly it was only a kids game. Bloody hell, even a full strength Crystal Palace would have pasted us. ;\)

But bollocks all the same.

We'll be back. You'll see! (He says in funny meglomaniac bond-baddy style voice)

yeah i think that it is a given for arsenal and liverpool too. it would be a bit tight on the kids to make them do all the donkey work and then not pick up a medal.

Good point. But doesn't every player whos taken part in the comp get a medal. I admit though I'd not be happy to get them to the final then be dropped for the stars to get the limelight.

3-0s and 4-0 all round last night then, another Everton win hey? Hmm. It seems that every week its Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd on the tv lineup which is a pisser, hardly any other teams get a look in unless they're playinhg one of them three. mad.gif

Beaten in injury time?!!! Rommedahl is a cheat. I like a humble and honest team, but this is getting bad. Andy Johnson deserves a punch in the gob as well for missing that penalty shot.

Any Blackburn fans here? Unlikely since you all support day-glo glam teams that never lose and don't ever go to training. No spirit in that. We have to beat Blackburn or we are almost at the bottom of the table. We wont beat them, we'll kill them.

yeah it looks like he is gonna go, i reckon he just did one more season to give Benitez a chance and to get a long contract so Liverpool will get more moeny for him when he goes. shame Owen didn't have the balls to do the same thing. i seem to remember Mcmanaman also left cheaply to real madrid...

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
One might suspect that our friend Mr DB is piss the taking. What you reckon? ;\) (I mean come on Palace is an initial indicator) lol.gif
Not at all. I admit that I don't have a clue what I am talking about but that has never stopped me dribbling before. I am in England now and footy is literally all this muddy island has. I have no choice but to give it some regard.

Go Palace.

\:\)