confused.gif Coming home tonight from work, I had to wait twice for a chance to turn at the lights (green, red, green etc) because clowns kept running the red light! I heard where I live the drivers are pretty bad. Is this true? Or is it the same everywhere? Just wanted to do a survey, maybe set up a company selling red light cameras, anyone interested?

yeah, never bolt when the light goes green.

I like that some crew have no urgency to their red light running. They just cruize thru with out even speeding up! & I have seen a few times cops sit on the other side of the road do nothing! Love this place lol.gif

but even then Kamo, in this country they will try to hit you for 50% of the blame! Its good if they are drunk, then blackmail works well. A friend got a wad of cash, enough that he could have bought a new skyline GT-R & a new Vitz ( the car which was written off). Some people would rather pay millions than use their car insurance or have their kids pay for their actions wakaranai.gif

I see it all the time here, sometimes I think the drivers here in the countryside are worse and more dangerous than city drivers. Some of the things are unbelievable. There's one particular set of lights near where I live that many people COMPLETELY IGNORE - not just when it has just changed to red, but they just blatantly go through them. I've seen more than a few scrapes at that junction.

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
but even then Kamo, in this country they will try to hit you for 50% of the blame! Its good if they are drunk, then blackmail works well.
Happened to us, we T-boned a drunk driver who ran a red( Blind narrow intersection didnt see him because of a concrete wall untill to late and he was really speeding) he ponied up pretty quickly

In a country where interesections equal traffic lights I can understand this attitude!

To get to the city from the outskirts of where I lived in NZ, a good 10km trip there is only 3 sets of traffic lights. Here there is at least 100 on the same distance! Crazy!

Give way signs and intersections would go along way in preventing traffic jams on some sections of road in this country!

yeah they wouldn't know how to use them and people would charge from all entrances!

But I think most of the traffic bad habits come from the lack of policing as far as traffic offences are concerned.

They have no idea that if they cracked down on red light ( or installed red light cameras), used speed cameras, and busted people for not using indicators etc etc there would be a massive amount of $$$ going into the gov coffers. maybe then we wouldn't have to pay for all the old farts that couldn't use their brain enough to retire with a wad of cash.

It's not a Japan only problem. Some European countries traffic ethic/manners are brash enough to take your breath away.

BUT, in Japan there is this myth esp. extolled by those in higher places, that every thing here is perfect.

Perfect police, perfect expensive driver education system, perfect rules......just perfect.

So a strong crackdown on pathetic driving skills/attitudes would be paramount to admission of failure of the perfect system.

Years ago when I changed my license to Japanese, a slob of an officer pounded my ears with the virtues of the "kibishii" license system. I asked him then, why are there so many red light runners in this city.

He said Oh, they are the bad drivers.

Oh, but you said you have such a perfect system, that.....

Jeeez, what a wonk.