Movies that you never bore of

You know the ones, you can watch over and over again and you still enjoy them. Thats a great movie. Some I can think of offhand.

The Shining

Shawshank Redemption

The better Bond flicks

Spinal Tap

I saw The Shining again the other day and was struck by what a slow, drawn-out film it is. I was a bit bored. Some great moments in it though.

Cabaret is a film I never tire of seeing.

Yeah the shining is a classic, saw it last week. The casting in that movie is great. Jack's wife just has the perfect freaky, timid face for all that running around in terror. The scene with Danny riding the trike is great, especially the sound effects and the weird looking twin girls. A bit more editing may not have gone astray though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dims:
The Blues Brothers is another one. Watched it so many times I knew all the dialogue of by heart.
You fvcking loser!

So much for being one of my mates. Good thing you never quoted it around me as it irritates me only slightly less than guys that know Top Gun off by heart.

Morning of the Earth is a surf movie I will never get tired of seeing.
 Quote:
Originally posted by 34 guests:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Dims:
The Blues Brothers is another one. Watched it so many times I knew all the dialogue of by heart.
You fvcking loser!

So much for being one of my mates. Good thing you never quoted it around me as it irritates me only slightly less than guys that know Top Gun off by heart.

Morning of the Earth is a surf movie I will never get tired of seeing.
Woah! lol.gif Harsh!

Morning of the earth hey, that would explain those plaits in your armpit hair and that tie-dye mu-mu you keep wearing, Hippy!

That cutback in that movie is the stuff of legend.

Once Upon A Time In The West (for cool)

Any of the big Kurosawas like Seven Samurai, Ikiru, Rashomon, or Ran (for substance)

Mike Leigh's Naked (for dialogue)

2001 (for cinematography)-read the book for the story

Any good noir like Touch of Evil or Chinatown (for atmosphere)

Subway or Betty Blue (for sexy French ladies)

Hoop Dreams (for emotional ride)