being German, of course everything would be more expensive. Just a high end brand with an excellent track record. Their lenses are really sharp.

I remember having a portrait taken with me looking out the window in a lazy pose, my friend used an R5 with 60mm lens I think. It was a half body shot but still managed to pick out the few pimples on my cheek.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

mostly low light thursday. Noise factor. It is not such a hassle if you know how to deal with it, but it will be nice to get the ISO boost and low levels of noise that this new camera seems to be offering.

\:\)

It's never ending. I'm gonna be getting some of those 4g cards for the d300. Also have been setting my sights on some very fast glass with long range for nature shots recently. Now I am really stepping into the expensive unknown...

Originally Posted By: Kumapix
a used 80-200 2.8 can be had for 4-6 man.

why not get a 16gig card?

Mate, I can already get to 200mm. I'm talking some of the real big boys in tandem with tc lenses. Those lenses can take you up into the thousands of dollars price range. I'm talking somthing that will get me up around 500 or 600mm. Big bastard lenses.

And the 16g card sounds good. Haven't really looked into that too much yet. Will do once the camera comes in.

do you fellas have a flash? Do I remember you saying you had the sb600 kuma? I'm thinking about getting one, but the price of the sb400 makes it quite attractive too... Any idea what the sb600 goes for second hand?

get the sb 600. sb400 doesn't swivel horizontally so it's useless if you take portrait shots. Also can't be used manually.

I got my sb600 for 23500 plus furikomidai & shipping off yahoo auctions.

I timtammed and decided I didn't need the arctic butterfly. still want the lens pen ($8) but that can wait too.

btw there is a rebate on right now on sandisk extreme cards. $20-40 off! in the us