• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.gif For me and Thursday (and you Joshnii)

Am using the Nikon 18-200 on it Thursday. I wanna put it through it's paces at high iso. This thing is scary in continuous shutter mode! 7 frames per second! Feels like a machine gun! It feels pretty damn nice, but I'm still hacking away at this darn translation job, so I can't really play with it yet.

I'm looking at getting the Bigma to use with it too \:D

yep, that was a paid translation that was keeping me away from the new toy.

The Bigma is the Sigma 50-500. It's a fairly well regarded telephoto for the price in pro circles. I can't really fork out 40 or 50 man yen for a lens, so around 10 man yen will have to satisfy me. I have seen some pretty spectacular results with it. That's all a bit down the track though.

Yeah Kuma, you might be right about the 7 vs 6 fps. But whatever, I can't count them at that speed, and it feels like a machine gun in my hands after the d70!

You buggers, sending me mails from the gondola on Friday! Grrrrrr :mad:

yep, 12 Gs baby! biggrin Well, at it's gonna be about 1300 pics. So if I lose em, well stiff shit! lol

Generally after shooting I load them to me computer anyway, so won't be storing pics on there habitually anyway. But it will be nice to have the extra space on one card for those times when I do take quite a few in one go.

thursday, no snow here yet unfortunately! That was at iso200.

Originally Posted By: thursday
BP, as soon as it was announced, I wanted one. Yes I am.

Kuma, will AK treat a D200 kindly?

Yes, he certainly would... at the moment he nurses a 30 year old Pentax KX through his learning process in slide film, but he really needs to go digital....

PM me!