• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for bushpig, love ken rockwell

SIGMA Acronym Decoded: Pardon my weird sense of humor, but reader Julian just observed that SIGMA, for which I thought stood SIGnificant MALfunction, actually is an acronym for Significantly Inferior Glass Made for Amateurs. I have nothing against Sigma's glass; it's just that I've never had a Sigma lens in my hand that made me feel confident that it wouldn't fall apart on me; I prefer used Nikon lenses for the same price any day.

for thursday, isn't this the lens you were wondering about?

from kenrockwell

D3 Suggested Midrange Zoom: I own the huge 24-70 AFS, but it's too big for wanting to walk with it around my neck on a D3. I tried my 24-120 VR, but it wasn't fast enough (f/3.5 - 5.6) for photographing moving people in available light. My 35-70mm f/2.8 AF-D seems to make the most sense. The 35-70mm is small enough to want to carry around all day, it's fast enough for dim light, the optics are as good as the other pro f/2.8 zooms (comparison coming), and you can get a new 35-70mm for about $480 brand-new. It used to sell for $700 in the 1990s.

if you're getting that lens, then you're planning on getting a d3 too? I don't think it'd be very good range-wise on a dx

Originally Posted By: Kumapix
for bushpig, love ken rockwell

SIGMA Acronym Decoded: Pardon my weird sense of humor, but reader Julian just observed that SIGMA, for which I thought stood SIGnificant MALfunction, actually is an acronym for Significantly Inferior Glass Made for Amateurs. I have nothing against Sigma's glass; it's just that I've never had a Sigma lens in my hand that made me feel confident that it wouldn't fall apart on me; I prefer used Nikon lenses for the same price any day.

lol.gif
 Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
cuz you 2 are screwing around again...

Didnt buy the D80 yen but will hopefully get it this week sometime \:D

Hurry up and spend some of that moolah that is burning a hole in your pocket!