• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

move aside there you rat dog admirers.

AF-S_24-70_s.jpg

I was in a studio getting some family and baby protraits and the guys were using this.

The shots were very very nice. They were using D200 and D40 (<-duh) and I couldn't tell the dfference.

I want this lens.....

It is very sharp when you can get it still! It is a damn heavy bugger and those were all hand-held. I really need to use a monopod at the least. As I said before, lot of pros highly regard this lens for the price range it sits in and the quality it gives.

Nice pics bushie. What's the screen on your baby like? It sounds wicked from the spec.

Have you tried cranking up the saturation? Every new camera these days seems to produce bolder and bolder photos. I've just got a D70 and that's way behind the norm now.

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Nice pics bushie. What's the screen on your baby like? It sounds wicked from the spec.

Have you tried cranking up the saturation? Every new camera these days seems to produce bolder and bolder photos. I've just got a D70 and that's way behind the norm now.

Thanks MrWiggles.

Yep I have, and I toned it back down, cos it just made it look too unnatural. I have my D70 cranked up too, but the d300 produces nice pics without having to do that. The screen is amazing, but I still wouldn't rely on it to know if the shot is good or not. I just looked at my D70 last night and the screen looked and felt like a dinky little toy lol.gif
 Originally Posted By: Bushpig
 Originally Posted By: Kumapix
 Originally Posted By: thursday
that bigma looks sharp, just like ED glass.

Wow! you can tell from a lo-rez internet picture?? eek.gif

Kuma, it is tack sharp even at high res ;\) Go to my website and have a look.

of course it'd be tack sharp at high res. aren't you downrezzing to 72dpi for web?

Dinky toy?! frown.gif blush.gif

The screen is like a Polaroid to studio guys though, isn't it? Except the D300 sounds much clearer and sharper than a Polariod, albeit a bit smaller. With the D70, its a Cheki!

hehe, sorry Mr Wiggles. I have and use a D70 too. I love it. But just comparing it to the new beast made it feel like that.

Kuma, I am not downresizing at all. The site that hosts my pics for me does all this automatically, so I dunno what they do.