mantas the batteries get stuffed once they get a bit old on p & s (p of s) cameras. Is that what you are using? Time to get a new battery or camera. The dslrs tend to hold a huge charge for a long time. My d70 can go hundreds of shots without a change.

I'm liking the new lens btw \:D

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batteries lose charge very quicly in the cold. Best to keep your cam (compacts only as the SLRs are too big) next to your bod. The warmth will keep the batteries in charge. But if you die on the slopes, that won't help much.

Originally Posted By: Bushpig
mantas the batteries get stuffed once they get a bit old on p & s (p of s) cameras. Is that what you are using? Time to get a new battery or camera. The dslrs tend to hold a huge charge for a long time. My d70 can go hundreds of shots without a change.

I'm liking the new lens btw \:D

I've got one of those Fuji finepix 9 meg things. A poor mans SLR (when i bought it). It takes 4 AA batteries. I've tried using a few different types of rechargeable 2500 mHa, which will last maybe 30 shots if I'm conserative with the usage.
A standard battery is useless. I've pulled new ones out of the packet and they wont even fire it up. I think it's the camera ?????? But a lot of these rechargeable batteries are also self discharging, so maybe my batteries don't have the charge in them that I think they do.
The best batteries I've ever had were Lithium ones. They cost $5.00 each but still only lasted for about 50-70 shots.
I'm gunna take it back to the shop where I bought it and quiz them about all this.