• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, the time issue is my concern kuma and the reason I may just bite the bullet and get the first release. Let me know about those prices kuma thumbsup.gif Although it would have to be pretty cheap to talk me back down now ;\)

Thursday, the reviews I have read all sound very good, but everyone is still reserving judgement for when it actually gets put to real use. I think it will be pretty darn good though.

Originally Posted By: Fattwins
How much are you going to sell the d70 for?

Oi! I asked first, about a month ago!

I'll give you some chocolate almonds, some conkers, a copy of the beano and a piggy-back up the stairs for it.
And maybe some chewing gum. When I've finished with it, obviously.

PS> People should read what Ken Rockwell says in his reviews - the D40 and D50 are both better cameras than the D70!

So why am i interested - I want one of these already out of date cameras because it has a peculiar feature of being able to flash sync at high speeds - for daylight fill flash using powerful off-camera strobes for daytime skateboard photos - which is actually a result of it's cheaper cost-cutting design having an electronic shutter at high speeds simply turning off the ccd, instead of the mechanical shutter actually closing.

Smartarse? well hello Mr Pot lol.gif

I am a big fan of Tohoku.

London might afford a nice view... if you were on ten times my current salary!

But mountains always win.

>Thursday; well, why not just put them in this thread, they are more photographic than most of the things on this thread (despite Kuma's SNOW pics / info despairing requests!)