• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a DSLR that I bought a few years ago, Cannon EOS 350 or something (kiss in japan?). Wasn't so expensive at the time and the lens I use the most is a cheap do it all sigma (wideish - 300). Even with this budget set up I wouldn't dream of taking up the mountain.

What do you guys pack your gear in? Is there a special line of snowboard camera packs out there somewhere. Or are you just gods that never stack it?

edit - oh and a newbie question but do you need any special filters/polarisers for decent snow pics?

how much you offering? ;\)

Actually some new info on that d200. Seems that one was a display model. Don't want that. Want new dammit! They have no more in stock but can get me one ordered in for 14 man, but won't go lower. Hmmmm :confused:

yeah, don't wanna make kuma the guy everyone leans on though. I am now considering just saying **** it! And waiting for the d300. Although if I could find a cheapish d200 new then maybe. although I haven't totally ruled out that 14 man offer...

i wouldn't get it for 14 man, man (different stresses on the 'a').

my guy is in tomorrow so let me give him a call and see what's going on.

It would be funny though if they send a Toyama d200 for cheap down to where you are and you pay them a lower price than what they were quoting.

cheers kuma. I think 14 is too much myself, but 21 (possibly less, but no guarantees right now) may be more than I want to pay for a d300 too. I was set on the d200, but the dwindling stock has thrown a spanner in my ill-conceived works!

Alright guys I have made my decision. Unless kuma, your guy manages to find some really cheap d200 that is not a display model, then I'm sayin "Stuff it!" and going for the d300 \:\) So for now I might just get that lense. And then shop around a bit for a discounted d300 once it comes out.