• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this discussion about D200 and D300, since you've got a choice, we don't, a D300 would be future proof for at least 5 years. Maybe bear that in mind. Maybe you'll get the itch 2 years down the line.

But anyhow, I have sworn to keep away from DX lenses.

yeah the cost is the thing though, and I am restrcited by time in Japan. I have to get it before I leave next April, cos Aus is much more expensive. Does the d300 have the remote?? (can check myself, just being lazy)

BP - you should get either the d200 or d300 for the simple reason that they use cf cards. That way you do not need to buy all new sd cards. It's that simple!

Now, d200 vs d300. both are prob more camera than you need, but the d200 will prob be available for nearly as much as the d80 (actually that's the way it is now) so it wouldn't hurt to move up in the nikon echelon. You might want to consider the d300 too since, if you are moving to Oz for good, then you prob won't be in a financial position for a long time to pick up the newest prosumer cam from nikon. but then when you figure in lenses then it gets pricy. prob 165000-170000 for the body and then another 8man for the 18-200 vr.....