• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RE: SB800 - I'm interested too, Thursday, but Kuma replied first, so I'll defer to him (age before beauty, and all that! ha ha.)

Kuma are you in hakuba this weekend?

My keitai is fine AFAIK, but often has no signal in my house...I'll mail you my home number.

Kuma, what flash were you using this winter?

Which ones have you used in the past?

I'm just starting to work out the semi-occult world of flash - in theory, but need to get practicing (most skating happens at night in Japan).

I shot a roll of 1600 speed colour film, pushed one stop, indooors at a live gig on Friday, so looking forward to seeing how that turns out.

Mixture of 28mm and long lense at around 150mm to be less intrusive.

Might be all crap though, as needle meters were way hard to see in dark viewfinder, so lots of guessing of exposures - good practice!

Going to get another body with led metering for night shoooting, either Pentax ME Super, MX or SuperA.

I'm really disappointed that people didn't stick up for a long standing member. A member that has bought people cameras and etc plus. actually offered to buy people stuff at cheaper prices. Then doesn't get defended for just asking to use goggle. BP Thurs etc and the likes I am disappointed, you could've and shouldve done better.

Miller you owe an I'm sorry for being an prick

Quote:
I'm really disappointed that people didn't stick up for a long standing member. A member that has bought people cameras and etc plus. actually offered to buy people stuff at cheaper prices. Then doesn't get defended for just asking to use goggle. BP Thurs etc and the likes I am disappointed, you could've and shouldve done better.

Miller you owe an I'm sorry for being an prick

wakaranai.gif

I'm not one to usually pick an argument (and if you look back over the thread you will see that apart from that one instance when I was being repeatedly ridiculed for not using google -or "goggle", if that's it- I think I have said thank you for many things), but can't let that self-important post go.

Who exactly do you think you are?

As far as I know, you do not own this forum or are even a moderator.

As far as I know, there are no special rights coming along with being a 'long standing member'.

Then again you seem to think so.
Yesterday, from Fattwins, included:

- calling me a 'an prick';

- posting simply 'gay' in the other thread I started (was that my punishment from a 'long standing member'?), which either you having second thoughts removed or admin did;

- the call to arms with other 'long standing members'; and

- blasting someone else in another thread yesterday for asking something about Niseko.

So as far as I am concerned, and not particularly wanting to be rude in return, you can go and stick your nose somewhere else.

I dont own anything, but you are being a straight forward prick.

The guy gave you the info, offered to buy you a camera, gave you info about so many other things then you dis him.

We dont own anything here. but to be as much of a prick as you were, to a guy that has gone overboard to help many people here with camera gear!!! including you is not right. Other members should have taken the shot right back at you but they didnt. so I did.

Have some respect for the people that built the community and we will have respect for you. Members have to stand up for members and no one did, shame on some of you!

Im not done untill certain members explain why they wouldnt defend someone. This community should not have a someone slagging a huge contributor to this community and to this site. Not coming to his or her defense is something we owe a member such as this. In the thread they started.

• SnowJapan Admin

I do not intend to go into the fine details of what you are arguing over.

However we have had no direct complaints from any party about this thread and after a quick look over things it seems to me that the "slagging" is not completely one-sided.

If the people involved want to continue their discussions on who said what please do it off the forums. Or contact us directly if you feel strongly about it. Don't do it here, it is only causing further aggravation to the situation.

Let's get this thread on topic please.

Thank you.

FF, no worries, thought itd be something could use...dunno what miller said either. couldnt find anything. possible it was taken outta context? Like me being a prick in the other place towards somebody on here? Could be just timing and how people perceive it though there was no malicious intent there...I feel like a **** for my reaction, at least you've been better eek.gif

Thurs, stars one of my most favorite actress: Zhang Ziyi ;\)

lol.gif

They need to be graded:

0-100 posts

101-500 posts

501-1000 posts

etc

...each with different rights and levels of respect.

Just kidding!