while it is being discussed in this thread:

The resort you spent most of your time this season

the resorts wherein we spent most of our time, has anyone really discussed about which resorts they really hate?

-- as for me, i really hate "Karuizawa Prince"... c'mon, can you really call that a resort? the intermediate/advanced/expert-level courses are around only 600 meters long (and a couple of meters wide)? skiing at this gradients gets you down in about 2 minutes, and the lifts usually takes 7 minutes to get you back up!?!

not only that - rentals here cost a fortune, yes i would understood at least if they are of good quality (like in Naeba Prince) - but they're usually old and worn-out...

Quote:
Originally posted by -20.7:
Why do people go if it is so rubbish? Easy to get to?
Yep, its pretty easy to get to. They have a really cheap 4 hour lift ticket & train deal which I did a couple of times.

On the parking bit.

It pisses me to see camper vans that occupy the same marked space charged o'nite fees that are 3,4x more.

Friends last year were hit big by this.

Car ¥1000, Van ¥4000 or abouts.

As if there's 1,000's of vannies hovering to take over.

Ketchi is the only word.

Bushy - Mizuho would surely be one.

Jeez they're a tight-arse operation. Highest lift prices in Japan with a half day costing ¥4500.

Coupla years back they moved the vending machines away from the gondola cafe to force people to buy expensive drinks inside.

But they got arguably one of the best setups out west and good snow to boot.

Bastards.