Looking for somewhere to go at the Xmas holidays.

Id like to go to japan, cause unfortunaly my girlfriend lievs there. leaves Big White or Whistler etc out the Equation.

SO japan. Where whould i go?

Niseko - got some nice deals from australia at the moment. Supposed to have awesome snow

Hakuba - closer to tokyo, hows the snow?

Yuzawa area - went there in january, it was very nice, but there wasnt many runs

what are your ideas guys?

ps: this is my first post...yay!

Aaron:

Pleased to meet you, I haven't been here all that long, but...

Niseko: Went there this year, good snow and was relatively easy to find fresh tracks. There were quite a few aussies (tons for Japan, but not for Aus ;\) ) I would say about 1/4 of the non school people on the hill

Hakuba: Apparently good snow and apparently easier to make tracks, lots to choose from.

Yuzawa: No idea \:\)

Where abouts does your gf live?

Which resort in yuzawa area did you go to last time?

Tried Kagura/Naeba? That must have enough runs.

If you go for more than 1 day I'd go to Hakuba and do a different resort each day.

Hakuba around Christmas time is pretty risky, isn't it? We went to Hakuba on 27th of December last winter and we were skiing on the rocks for a couple of days. Phatluv told us the heavy snow usually coming around New Year's Eve, until then Hakuba isn't really good.

If you want to make plan on ahead, you should choose Hokkaido.

Quote:
Originally posted by Markie:
Just for the record, it snowed heavily in Hakuba during Christmas last year from the day after Snow Making Markie arrived.
Yes, amen to that!! I just wish "yukiotoko" yama had done a better job before my school trip to Shiga \:\(
We can expect you around the 25th again Markie then? PS, I may be in H.K. in mid-Nov so maybe we can have an early "let it snow" Party \:D

Presently, 富良野 へ いく つもりです が 志賀 も " 892;きたい です.

Nevertheless, do look me up if you get here. Last time, farquah was here I missed him, but I gather he had a great time at the Rugby Sevens and consumed lots of beer!

It's ridiculous, I have two pads with liveable area more than 4000 sq.ft. (not including the car park spaces and roof area I own)in crowded HK. One of them is in the middle of town and the other is in 田舎 overlooking 海. So whenever I'm at one, the other is empty! What a waste!

I have two keyboards, a clavinova and a grand. They are all presently at my "town" house. I'll probably just move one keyboard over to the country - house.

As for the kanji and nihongo, that reply was meant for Yamakashi so I wasn't thinking about the others...sorry! Not thinking well...as usual.

Anyway, I said: Presently, I intend to go to Furano but would also like to go to Shiga.

It's tough, Toque, but I'm hanging in there. The occasional words of encouragement from Fatts, Yama and sunrise, as well as the occasional kick in the ass from our Aussie friend in Rondon have helped me make it up to now....but I don't know whether I can survive till the white stuff next reaches Hokkaido.